Ok I'm stuck....Realllllly stuck....PLZ HELP ME!!!

Alright here. To get a 2 ohm load on that amp you need to..

Take the back of each speaker. You need a piece of wire, and it goes from one pos post to one negative, then take the speaker wire that connects to the terminals of the back of the box and connect ther OTHER 2 posts to it as in pos to pos and neg to neg. So on the back of the sub, 2 posts are connected via a wire, and the other 2 are going to the terminals on the box. That is a 4 ohm load. Do that to each sub.

Now on the back of the box you have 4 terminals. Take the pos from one and connect it to the pos from the other, and the neg to the neg. Now take a new piece of speaker wire and connect it to the amp one piece for pos and one piece for neg, now pick a terminal it doesent matter which speaker, and connect the pos and neg to that. So basically, on the back of the box, the 2 differnt terminals will have a wire going to connect them, then the amp hooks to one of them.

Other than that check the ground and re check it again, and actually connect it dont just let it sit the way it is with the bar wire wrapped around a bolt, that isnt a good connection at all.

When the amp goes into protect mode its usually the wrong Ohm voltage, trust me.

I had 2 DVC 2 ohm CVR's hooked bridged and I had to do exactly what im telling you to do. If you need more help PM me.

Wow thanks a lot for the detailed and precise advice my man...........That sounds really complicated but I'll give it a whirl when I get off work and see how it works out.....

Right sorry I forgot to mention that.

You want the posts with the white dots going to the terminals on the box, and then the posts without them use a wire to connect those 2.

NEVER leave 2 posts without somehting connecting them. Its a Dual Voice coil sub, BOTH voice coils MUST always be attached.

Right sorry I forgot to mention that.
You want the posts with the white dots going to the terminals on the box, and then the posts without them use a wire to connect those 2.

NEVER leave 2 posts without somehting connecting them. Its a Dual Voice coil sub, BOTH voice coils MUST always be attached.
AGREED!!!!

Ok, well I have tried everything everybody has told me. I still can't get it to work. I even went to a local audio store and made sure the subs were wired right and everything and they WERE......It ***** because the guy there didn't help me out one bit and acted like he didn't care.......all he would do was tell me how to wire them and then couldn't tell me what would be wrong with my amp or anything.....I'm just at the end of my rope with this thing I guess, I have no more options, no more things to try, nothin......just stuck with this amp and subs I spent a couple of my paychecks on and now have Noooo money. Has anyone ever sent anything into Kicker to maybe get it fixed????? If I don't have a warranty or anything from where I bought them, can kicker look at my amp or something......how much would they charge to fix it, if it's even broke.

Also, I wanted to mention, the guy that worked at Thumpers Audio here in springdale told me that wiring the posts with the white dots together and the ones without together is not correct. He said that's basically leaving one voice coil unhooked. He said to run a wire from one w/ a dot to a post w/o a dot. But FWIW, I have tried both ways and neither worked.......I guess I'm just screwed....

As long as you have the subs wired correct, which it seems you would at this point, I would double check your ground and make sure the wire is making a solid connection to BARE metal. If that is not it, then something is wrong inside the amp. Did you buy the amp new?

Yes, I bought the amp brand new. I have my ground wire into a brand new copper ring terminal which is bolted down right above my back right wheel well....(I drive a 95' Camaro BTW) and I think it is sufficient. There's like little speckles of paint around the spot but that is it.

You haven't stated one thing in the build as well. What size wire are you running to the pos and neg ? Is the pos going to the battery pos post ?

Do as suggested and wire one sub in complete parallel to the amp and see if it happens. Also note you should have all bass boosts to zero on the deck and amp. Also you may want to set the gain on the amp first with a dmm before hooking up the remote gain control if it has one.

I have 4 gauge power wire, 8 gauge ground wire...(I know I need to upgrade it but it still shouldn't be causing my amp to keeeeeeeep shutting off). My speaker wire is all 12 gauge I believe...(the norm.) and I am using RCA's from my JVC head unit to hook into my amp. I'm pretty confident all the wiring and everything from my battery is correct because I did have a system in here before....about a year and a half ago....granted it was some pretty cheap JBL's and an 800 watt legacy amp.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.