ok give me your bass knowledge!!!

michaellane
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
tx
so the car is a 98 jeep cherokee...the box will be ported and the subs will be on 1000rms @1ohm...which would you choose and why?

Audio Savings | Pair of Autotek M12D4 12" 2000 Watt DVC 4 Ohm Car Audio Subwoofers Combo

Audio Savings | MB Quart ONX302 ONYX Series 12" 800 Watt 2 Ohm Car Audio Subwoofer Sub

Lanzar MAX12D 12" Subwoofer Dual VC 293-484

T3 Audio T400-12D4 12" 400 Watt Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer 269-087

so pretty much a super budget system. not looking to be really loud just decent output off little power and sealed...and not too bad sounding. so preety much:

autotek, mb quart, lanzar or T3

all link are for exact subwoofers...please give me some decent opinions. ive never bought entry level subs before and just want some input from someone who maybe has...

A budget sub also to take a look at..Lanzar Max Pro,They will take abuse, and really seem to hit those lows, and are worth every penny I spent on them as a pair.

Honestly with your budget this is going to be ure best bet i think http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/532995-2-old-skool-re-audio-10s-bob-cones.html

If you put thoughs 10s in a proper ported box and set your gains for like 600wrms then you wont strain your system, and they will get plenty loud but sound alot better doing it. Hes got a vid of one on 300wrms shakin the car, there decent subs and hes taking 90shipped. Trusted member so you wont get ripped.

But if you must do new, i think MB quarts is higher quality then lanzar, idk about the T3. But SAVE URE RECITE, they will most likely die fast

Honestly with your budget this is going to be ure best bet i think http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofer-classifieds/532995-2-old-skool-re-audio-10s-bob-cones.html
If you put thoughs 10s in a proper ported box and set your gains for like 600wrms then you wont strain your system, and they will get plenty loud but sound alot better doing it. Hes got a vid of one on 300wrms shakin the car, there decent subs and hes taking 90shipped. Trusted member so you wont get ripped.

But if you must do new, i think MB quarts is higher quality then lanzar, idk about the T3. But SAVE URE RECITE, they will most likely die fast
im not a newb i have honestly never bought anything this cheap and im just over spending lots of cash and re-doing my system a month or so later. i want to stick with 12's. in my jeep 10's just wont cut it. i do agree on the mb quart thing but lots of guys ran around buying the lanzar stuff last year so i figured someone would have tried them. also i am going sealed not ported....any other ideas? and thanks for your info

well if i do any of the ones i posted i get free shipping...would anyone take one of my 4 listed of the infinity???

I know you're going for budget but my wife had a set of the Infinity's and I loved em'! I had way nicer subs in my car but I actually looked forward to driving the minivan so I get to hear the Infinity's. Lol! Sure, you can get a set for 80-90 bucks but for the extra 30 (which is still budget!) you get a pretty good sub. Just my .02. I've heard the Lanzar Max gets pretty low too... Just can't get past the fact how UGLY they are....

I know you're going for budget but my wife had a set of the Infinity's and I loved em'! I had way nicer subs in my car but I actually looked forward to driving the minivan so I get to hear the Infinity's. Lol! Sure, you can get a set for 80-90 bucks but for the extra 30 (which is still budget!) you get a pretty good sub. Just my .02. I've heard the Lanzar Max gets pretty low too... Just can't get past the fact how UGLY they are....
yes i agree. and im no longer a trunk car so i dont really want to get those lol. this is not my set budget its just what im looking to spend after all the money spent over the past few years. what kind of power did you give them? sealed or ported?

also how would they really do on 1000rms...i keep seeing they are around 300rms....i am looking to buy a pair

I put 400 on a piece on em' and they took it like a champ! They were in a cheap ported prefab off ebay. The box was probably 3 cubes at best and ported high. Despite that they still sounded good. Lol! Can't imagine what they would've sounded like in a decent enclosure. I'm getting another pair too by the way. My daughter is driving now. I'll stick a pair in whatever hoopty she happens to get. She's already asking about a system and she doesn't even have a car yet!

I put 400 on a piece on em' and they took it like a champ! They were in a cheap ported prefab off ebay. The box was probably 3 cubes at best and ported high. Despite that they still sounded good. Lol! Can't imagine what they would've sounded like in a decent enclosure. I'm getting another pair too by the way. My daughter is driving now. I'll stick a pair in whatever hoopty she happens to get. She's already asking about a system and she doesn't even have a car yet!
lol nice. well i do plan to go sealed...never went sealed before so i figured id like to give it a try...

Go sealed. You definitely have the power for it. I really think you're going to be pleased.... For budget subs they get low and imo they're very musical. I'm more into SQ and these sounded better than subs that cost double what these did.

Did you see the RE 10's that CerwinVega_Fan has for sale? They're the old skool RE 10's with the original cone. Pretty smexy! I've heard people put 300-400 on those too... 90 with free shipping. Might be a good cheap way to go as well....

Go sealed. You definitely have the power for it. I really think you're going to be pleased.... For budget subs they get low and imo they're very musical. I'm more into SQ and these sounded better than subs that cost double what these did.
Did you see the RE 10's that CerwinVega_Fan has for sale? They're the old skool RE 10's with the original cone. Pretty smexy! I've heard people put 300-400 on those too... 90 with free shipping. Might be a good cheap way to go as well....
yes i did but id like to stay with 12's...normally i try to go loud but this is my first time going sealed so i dont want to lose the cone area from 12's to 10's...plus id like to give these subs a decent beating lol. im really leaning towards the infinitys :/ lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.