Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

I ordered a H/o alt for my 07 G5 Saturday and realized I needed to do the big 3 before installing. Ive watched mutiple tutorials but my battery is in the trunk so im guessing this is going to be a pain in the ***. Could i just take the **** thing to autozone and have them do it?

I ordered a H/o alt for my 07 G5 Saturday and realized I needed to do the big 3 before installing. Ive watched mutiple tutorials but my battery is in the trunk so im guessing this is going to be a pain in the ***. Could i just take the **** thing to autozone and have them do it?
You will just have to have a long positive run and engine ground run. Tap through your firewall. It is gonna be more expensive and a pain in the balls for you but you kinda have to do it.

Im extremely tempted to see how much it would cost to have it professionally done, if thats even possible? Could i take it to autozone, etc and expect them to do the big 3 upgrade with the installation ofmy h/o alt?

Im extremely tempted to see how much it would cost to have it professionally done, if thats even possible? Could i take it to autozone, etc and expect them to do the big 3 upgrade with the installation ofmy h/o alt?
Last time i checked all they install is batteries and windshield wipers lol.

Anyone done the big three for a 2010 -13 V6 Camaro ( 3.6L Version ). So far I have an aftermarket Pioneer touchscreen, Alpine type r components in the doors, stock rear deck speakers, and for awhile was running the Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D with Alpine Type-R, lights do dim after I reach a higher volume.

Side information... I love to listen to music loud, and everytime I am in my car the stereo is blasting. I am currently in the process of a big upgrade to 2 12" Audioque HDC 3.0's for the amp I am thinking the Audioque 2200D @ 1 Ohm on both subs. However I might eventually strap another of the same amp if I get the money so each sub gets their own. I want to be loud, and I want everyone to hear me.

Back to the business

What kind of electrical upgrades are recommended, since the car is fairly new I didn't think the big three would make that much of a difference but 0 AWG is better than stock I guess. Only thing is the battery is in the trunk, so would I have to run a wire from the Alt through the fire wall and somehow find a way to make its way into the trunk to my stock battery correct? So if anyone has done the big three for a 2010 -13 camaro that would be nice to have a chat, or get some info on whats the best route.

Also as far as other useful info that I need, should I do a H/O Alt or a New Battery? Either way its going to take some saving up to do either way.

THANKS FOR THE HELP!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...