Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Hey, I'm actually gonna have some time soon to do the Big 3.

I was wondering if anyone know a good place online to buy wire.

And what type of wire would be the best?

if it's be discussed in the past, sorry.

Hey, I'm actually gonna have some time soon to do the Big 3.I was wondering if anyone know a good place online to buy wire.

And what type of wire would be the best?

if it's be discussed in the past, sorry.
I like the Knu wire...a bit pricey but good shit.

i know

pos from alt to pos on battery

neg on battery to chassis

i am not sure on the third one. I have seen chassis to engine and neg battery to engine as well.

What one am I supposed to do or are they both the same?

So could I either do

Strut tower to engine

or

Neg terminal to engine?

Instead of trying to remember what 3 you need to do it's more helpful to know exactly why you're doing each one.

1. Alt pos to battery pos -- the only positive run for the big 3 and is necessary to supply current to the rest of your system.

2. Vehicle chassis to battery neg -- your vehicle's chassis/frame needs to be grounded as that's what multiple electrical components both factory and aftermarket use.

3. Alt casing/Engine block to battery neg -- in order for your alternator to charge it needs a grounding point. The casing on the alt is used as a ground. Most people will attach a wire to the engine block because the alt is bolted onto the engine block. For minimum resistance, find a bolt that is NOT the alternator positive terminal, and attach it there.

hay wat about a 01 GMC truck?? wires look good but idk alot of electronics do i just add it?? mainly cus i want to run 2 alpine mr m2000 and a third amp for the speakers how should i do it??
Just adding it should be fine. I hope you're either getting a shit load of batteries or a HO alt for that much power

sadly pics don't work for me? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

will these bolts work to do the engine ground?

ground.jpg

just curious as to what everyone does with the stock electrical when they do the big three. i plan on ordering some tool maker parts but just wanted to hear what people do with the stock electrical since it already has terminals to fit on the stock battery post..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...