Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

why do people continue to ask what size of wire to use? and you don't need pictures.....its self explanatory.
Why do people question someone else's question? I sense hostility. But thanks for the info. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

wanting to do this but you should re-upload pictures! id be a big help!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

ok heres my question. What if I leave all my stock wires, and do not do the big 3.. but I do a run of 1/0 gauge from my alt pos to my batteries in the rear of the vehicle. Will this put too much strain on the alt, or will it be fine??

i did the big three and my voltage still drops below 13volts and I did it in 0 guage wire and also my lights still dim

1 Gauge????

I am running a Crunch 3000pro-d @ .5 ohm. I have 1 gauge laying around and rather than wasting it, I thought I would use it for the Big 3 upgrade!!!

Anyone think that it will not be enough? What is the strand difference between 1 Gauge and 1/0 ?

Any advice will help!

My truck has 2 batteries stock and they're connected to eachother (without isolator, just battery to battery). Can I just do the BIG3 on the battery that powers my sound system or run the cable from alt to both batteries? The alt is fused in the fusebox by a 100A fuselink, shouldn't I fuse the cable coming from the alt also before connecting to the battery?

ok heres my question. What if I leave all my stock wires, and do not do the big 3.. but I do a run of 1/0 gauge from my alt pos to my batteries in the rear of the vehicle. Will this put too much strain on the alt, or will it be fine??
No, your alt positive and battery positive are connected together in parallel, use whichever is more convenient (usually the battery terminal)

i did the big three and my voltage still drops below 13volts and I did it in 0 guage wire and also my lights still dim
The Big 3 is not a 100% fix for dimming, your electrical is not up to snuff, start looking into upgrading your battery bank & alternator. Start a new thread with that information if your still not sure.

1 Gauge????I am running a Crunch 3000pro-d @ .5 ohm. I have 1 gauge laying around and rather than wasting it, I thought I would use it for the Big 3 upgrade!!!

Anyone think that it will not be enough? What is the strand difference between 1 Gauge and 1/0 ?

Any advice will help!
Your running a 3kw amp @ .5 ohm and you haven't done the big 3? What kind of electrical do you have backing that thing? Low voltage will result in you blowing the amp. But to directly answer your question, 1 gauge is better than nothing, but not as good as 1/0. With the amount of power your running I wouldn't skimp on the wire size.

My truck has 2 batteries stock and they're connected to eachother (without isolator, just battery to battery). Can I just do the BIG3 on the battery that powers my sound system or run the cable from alt to both batteries? The alt is fused in the fusebox by a 100A fuselink, shouldn't I fuse the cable coming from the alt also before connecting to the battery?
If the batteries are connected in parallel it shouldn't matter which you connect to. There is some debate about whether or not you need to fuse the alt + to battery + wire. I generally advise that you do even though mine currently isn't....

The Big 3 is not a 100% fix for dimming, your electrical is not up to snuff, start looking into upgrading your battery bank & alternator. Start a new thread with that information if your still not sure.
^This...Big 3 fixed "some" of the dimming for me but when I swapped out the OEM battery and replaced it with two Kinetik HC2000's, no more dimming.

Great information. It is normal for a business to explore and expand. Because people want something different and want to know backgrounds of company that they will trust.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...