Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

"My stock negative battery cable is corroded and in need of replacement. I plan on just replacing it with the 0 gauge wire while I'm doing the big 3. My positive battery cable is fine, so I don't plan on replacing that wire, but I will add the 0 gauge from the alternator to the battery positive.

So my question is will it cause any problems having the stock positive wire and the 0 gauge positive wire running to the alternator but only the one 0 gauge wire on the negative side? Or should I replace the stock negative wire before I add the 0 gauge wires?

I wouldn't think so, but figure better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I am a visual guy....but I can't see how to do this. If someone could post pics (the ones the threadstarted posted are apparently not there anymore) that would be very helpful to me.
Thanks
Yea....I said guy. And still would like to see pictures of how this is all wired.

"My stock negative battery cable is corroded and in need of replacement. I plan on just replacing it with the 0 gauge wire while I'm doing the big 3. My positive battery cable is fine, so I don't plan on replacing that wire, but I will add the 0 gauge from the alternator to the battery positive.
So my question is will it cause any problems having the stock positive wire and the 0 gauge positive wire running to the alternator but only the one 0 gauge wire on the negative side? Or should I replace the stock negative wire before I add the 0 gauge wires?

I wouldn't think so, but figure better to be safe than sorry.
No that won't cause any problems but if I were you, I would just leave the stock negative cable. It won't hurt anything.

It's really not that difficult of a process, I'm pretty sure you can do it without the pictures...if you have questions just post them here, we'll do our best to answer them.
ok thanks man, i will let you know. i have a bunch of 1/0awg laying around im sure i have enough to get the job done.

Is there anywhere I can buy pre-fabed Big3 kits?

Or a kit that comes with all that I need like 1/0 wire and terminals.

Thanks guys.

I am sure it has been stated but I dont want to go though 56 pages.

measure the wire you need for the runs. figure out how many terminals you need. order them. cut wire to length for each run. attach terminals. install wire. just like anything else....

2010 ford f150 supercrew

completed big 3 today. I went:

bat + >>>> alt +

bat - >>>> chassis

engine block >>>> chassis (same location as bat - >>>> chassis, is that o.k?)

do i need to worry about bat - >>>> engine block or does the engine block >>>> chassis take care of it?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...