Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

Thanks jkbauemont. I appreciate the response. its going to my Fuze box, not my battery. could I run the new one from alt to fuze positive terminal like the old, or is it better to go directly to the battery?
Also if ur silverado is similar where was the wire at, was it more on the bottom or under side. Im going from memory so dont remember seing any other wires, but I will check tomorrow while doing my gains and hopefully finish the BIG 3 also

Thanks
I'd go back to the fuse...safer that way.

The terminal from the battery on the alternator should be on the backside of the alternator towards the top, if I remember correctly. Look for a rubber boot.

Good info I will be doing this to my truck next weekend...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

ok the only thing i'm confused about is the chassis to engine block.

1.) so the alternator positive to positive terminal on battery. check.. obviously

2.) the negative battery terminal to chassis. check. easy

3.) so also ground out the negative battery terminal to the engine block? or randomly run a ground wire from somewhere on the engine block straight to the chassis?

**so my question to sum it up is ground your battery to the chassis and engine block?**

OR

have 3 wires = one from + alt to + battery / one from - battery terminal to chassis ground / one from random place on engine block to random chassis ground?

the reason why i'm confused is because on my 07' volvo, my negative terminal on my battery was two wires, one going like 10 inches to the right to the factory chassis ground, and the other ground wire going in and out of sight down into my engine compartment. where i was first guessing is connected to my engine block?

Hey guys, sorry I don't have the time to read through all 50 pages, but what do I need to do this? From what I read, about 10 feet of 0 gauge cable, 6 0 gauge terminals, and a fuse to match the power handling of the wire (would knu's 0 gauge wire and 250 amp fuse be good? can a fuse be too many amps?). Is that right/it? I was gonna go to knu, is there a better place? My system is 1200w rms if it helps.

Also do knu's fuse holders come with the fuses? They have you select a size, but they're all the same price, so I'm not sure

do this:

big3.jpg

Hey guys, sorry I don't have the time to read through all 50 pages, but what do I need to do this? From what I read, about 10 feet of 0 gauge cable, 6 0 gauge terminals, and a fuse to match the power handling of the wire (would knu's 0 gauge wire and 250 amp fuse be good? can a fuse be too many amps?). Is that right/it? I was gonna go to knu, is there a better place? My system is 1200w rms if it helps.
Also do knu's fuse holders come with the fuses? They have you select a size, but they're all the same price, so I'm not sure
Here's what I think I need ...

Knukonceptz product detail for KLMX KABLE 1/0 SILVER PEARL POWER / GROUND CABLE x10

Knukonceptz product detail for KONFUSED HIGH CURRENT IN-LINE FUSE HOLDER @ 240A

Negative Battery Terminal (Amp kit came with positive terminal, Just realized this comes with 1 4 gauge input and 1 0 gauge input. Where can I get a battery terminal with 2 0 gauge inputs?)

Knukonceptz product detail for GOLD PLATED 1/0 RING TERMINAL - BLACK x 6

Anything else?

buy some **** 1/0 and terminals and thats all u need....6 terminals.
Thanks, no fuse?

Edit: After reading more, I decided I'd rather play it safe and get a fuse. I'm just not sure as to the size. Any suggestions? I heard to do what the wire can handle which is 250amps or what the alternator can handle which is like 100 amps. Which should I go with? Thats a big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Knu KLMX wire good? i would go with 1/0 which would be overkill in my case anywise, or should i go with _____ wire instead?

also where is the cheapest O rings or whatever to bolt down to the stock spot?

I want to run 0 gauge wire from my alternator to my battery, I just dont understand how I am supposed to know what fuse to use? I don't know how many amps my alternator is rated to, I have a 1992 honda civic hatchback/ single cam alternator.. I just dont know and havent been able to find any more info on this... helps greatly appreciated

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...