Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

would it be ok to use the strut bolts as the grounding spot? how about grounding both the battery and engine block to ground at the same spot?

would it be ok to use the strut bolts as the grounding spot? how about grounding both the battery and engine block to ground at the same spot?
I have my battery and block grounded at a common place and it's been working fine.

As for the strut bolts question, it depends on the car. As long as you can get a clean contact with the chassis your fine.

I use my rear strut bolts for ground, so the front should be fine. As far as grounding at the same spot I'm not sure. All my grounds are in different places. I imagine it shouldn't be a problem though, just make sure it's a clean surface with no paint on it.

what size fuse should use for the alt to batt.i used rockford 2 ga wire i have 100 in there right now my alt is 130 amp??????
fuse the amperage rating on the wire. Not the load going through it.
Shouldn't the fuse on the wire going from Alt to Batt match the size of the factory fuse under the hood. In my case 2000 Explorer was 175A.

Shouldn't the fuse on the wire going from Alt to Batt match the size of the factory fuse under the hood. In my case 2000 Explorer was 175A.
no. the fuse should match the size of the wire it is fusing.

ok i just went out side and i found my alt to postive connection. then i have my battery to ground, can i use the stock location its a little bolt thats about 8 inches away from my neg of my battery? and the block to chasiss the bolt is on my alt brace on top. its about a foot away from the my chassis . do i have to sand down the paint all the way for a good ground? and if i use 0 ga wire will the connecter fit on the bolt from my alt and battery . its i think 5/16. ones i connect my battery will there be a spark or anything. and for the really stupid question can any thing really happen as far as my battery draing faster cuz of the new wire? im gona do a new battery well i have the terminals off. thanks i really wana do it now i think i can just go out there and get it done.

can someone repost the pictures? i'm a retard //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Didn't want to start another Big 3 thread, but I was wondering if there was any benefit to doing more than 1 run for it? like if I got some of these
http://cgi.ebay.com/Stinger-Dual-0-Gauge-Platinum-Ring-Terminal-SPT5201_W0QQitemZ310072495570QQihZ021QQcategoryZ50549QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the one off of the alt+ to batt + would be fused twice too. Has that ever been done?
my big three is double 1/0 all around

its been great

i had just enough extra to do it so i figured why not?

its just less resistance so more voltage and amperage can pass

i gained .5 volts with the truck on and off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...