Official CarAudio.com Big 3 Thread

wat?
I thought it was

Batt + to Alt +

Batt - to chassis

engine block to chassis

3rd step wrong??
Wait a minute I thought it was 3 steps right then 3 steps to the left then 3 steps back then jump and spin and,,, Oh wait im thinking of something else.... Sorry

wat?
I thought it was

Batt + to Alt +

Batt - to chassis

engine block to chassis

3rd step wrong??

You can do it either way or both if you want.. SOme people do a BIG 4 upgrade some do a Big 3... Its up to you but both ways will work and Doing both is even better

frame=better ground

you would know the difference if you ran more power

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Hi guys!!!

I'm new in the forum but have been reading the forums for a while now and after reading a lot on this thread i di my Big 3 to my Ford Fiesta. And also after reading the whole thread i haven't found an answer to my problem. So here it goes...

1. Pos battery to alt pos

2. Neg battery to chassis (same original spot)

3. Neg alt to chassis

I double-checked that nothing was in a short and reconnect the battery but then when i start the engine the battery warning indicator in the dashboard didn't turn off and the owner's manual says i have to go inmediatly to my dealer... my questions are...

1. What did i do wrong in my Big 3???

2. Does the indicator means i need a new battery???

Thanks for the help guys.

Can anyone tell me or help me to find the alt in my 97 neon? I was thinking that maybe I would have to jack it up and get it from underneath because I can't see it AT ALL!

I have completed only 1 step of the big 3 in my car(Neg Batt. ground) and would like to finish the process the right way.

@Solo-baric

Follow the cables leading out of your pos bat post then when they get lost underneath the rest of your car components tag it with masking tape and then jack it up carfeully and get underneath your car.

Look for your cables with the masking tape and keep tracking them till you get to the alt, this one should be right on one side of the engine aligned with the pulleys.

Hope it helps.

do you know what an alternator looks like?
i think so george

@Solo-baric
Follow the cables leading out of your pos bat post then when they get lost underneath the rest of your car components tag it with masking tape and then jack it up carfeully and get underneath your car.

Look for your cables with the masking tape and keep tracking them till you get to the alt, this one should be right on one side of the engine aligned with the pulleys.

Hope it helps.
thanks, i guess this is the best way to find it. will have to bust out the masking tape and make me a trail. its very well hidden. pisses me off to see other peoples pictures of the big 3 upgrade and there the alt is right underneath the hood after opening....................

My alt is half way... just beneath the air filter but just out of range if you try to reach from beneath the car

So i had to took out the air filter and it's base to get to it and it wasn't that easy after that either so try to see if you can remove some components to make room just be sure don't touch any delicate components.

Good luck

i think so george
didnt mean to insult you but the alt is on the passenge side and is covered by a brace on your car. i believe yourrmotor is the 420a look at your cams and then look down towars the crank in between you should find the alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...