Obsidian power handling ?

There is no point in going over the rated power unless you are chasing numbers. It would take ~1200 a piece to hear a noticeable difference vs the rated 600 rms. And at that level of power you are definitely increasing the chance of damaging them.

Is it 1000 watt amp, or is it 1000 clamped watts? Huge difference.
1000 watt amp haha... but i have heard of people running one OA12 at 1100 watts @ 1 ohm. again, idk how long that sub lasted them though didn't stick around long enough to see the long-term results

My OA12 has handled a Diamond D1000.1 at 650w@2ohm or so and would continue to do so FOREVER. I had it on a ZX1000.1 at 1000+@2ohms and I felt completely comfortable with it for an hour or so at a time (my average drive time), full tilt even I never smelled anything funky. I have a V1 also, so the V2 I'd have no concern at all with it at or below 1100 rms allll day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.