Obsidian 12" power testing results

Participant count
  • Participant list

Electrodynamic
10+ year member

Knows nothing
I thought a few of you would like to see some power testing results since I've seen Obsidian subwoofers mentioned in a few threads. We had a little fun a few months ago putting the 12" through a pretty brutal test. The test involves an open baffle and a 60 Hz pure A/C sine wave that we are able to adjust the output on. Here is a graph showing how the Obsidian 12" performed along with a similar priced driver put through the same test.

Clamped power vs. time on a 60 Hz sine wave (extremely difficult test thermally).
Exactly. The blue is our driver and the pink is the other driver. We hit our driver hard right off the bat but slowly increased the power on the other driver. After 6 minutes we got tired of hearing ours blare 60 Hz so we upped the power to give it a proper death. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.