NVX NSP65 Coax vs CDT CL6 Comps (2004 version)

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mitchc1113

Under normal circumstances this would be a no brainer as components are always my go to choice, but there's more to this. Like it states in the title.

I have a brand new set of NVX NSP65 Coaxials and the CDT CL6 Classics are from 2004, but remained unopened until a few weeks ago. So they're both essentially brand new. The CDTs were I want to say like $300+ back then, however I got them for a steal as they were considered "Factory Rejects" bc the cone was a maroon color instead of red.

So they're both new speakers but the CDTs are 14 yrs old, so a 14 year old comp set vs a new coaxial? Just wondering if speakers have changed that much over the years that the coaxials may be better. Also bc I have a lease vehicle I don't want to have to cut or drill into any panels, I'll be mounting the tweeters right above the mid driver with the CDTs, I have a Silverado (2018 non bose) and I will be keeping the dash speakers, have a set of Memphis 2.75s on the way to replace the stock 1s. Both sets of speakers will be running off a Memphis SRX 150.2, so both would be seeing about 60 watts per speaker.

So under those circumstances which would you guys recommend? What ever 1s I don't use will go into my girls vehicle so they will go to good use either way...

try both because they are passive components meaning they could have different crossover points. The interaction between the speaker and your truck's acoustics will change greatly so no one would know for sure its all speculation. However if you are ditching the passive crossover and running active then the CDTs should be the clear victor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.