NVX Audio wiring and Sound Dampening

Quaid_Station
10+ year member

Is NVX a good brand for wiring?

I had a friend who was really pleased with it and also read nothing but good reviews...

What do you guys think of it? Worth the money?

Also is their sound deadener any good for the price? I know they're not the best cause I personally like Audio Technix and second skin the best but is theirs any good?

Thinking about getting some cause of reviews.

Give me a couple hours and I can let you know about the wiring kit. I should be getting mine in today. Not sure about the sound dampening but it has a great price for being 80 mil. But I didn't see how thick the constraining layer was.

If you want, I can get you the sound deadening cheaper than sonicelectronix has it.

nvx sound deadning is not bad contrary to what alot of people probably would say. especially for the price. tantric makes a sound deadner thats 4mm thick if you want some crazy shiet

Is NVX a good brand for wiring? I had a friend who was really pleased with it and also read nothing but good reviews...

What do you guys think of it? Worth the money?

Also is their sound deadener any good for the price? I know they're not the best cause I personally like Audio Technix and second skin the best but is theirs any good?

Thinking about getting some cause of reviews.

I HAVE used NVX sound deadener. I expected it to be absolute CRAP because I got so many square feet of it "free" with a bundled order,.. I believe from Sonic electronix. So I also ordered Rattletrap Extreme (25 more sq ft.) because 1) I thought the NVX would be basically unusable.. and 2) Even if the NVX was usable the 5 Sq ft I was getting wasn't going to be near enough for the car.

Turns out the NVX was EVERY BIT as good as the Rattletrap Extreme (which I think most would at least agree is a decent mid-grade if not upper mid grade sound deadener).

So, solid product -- It's WORTH the price .. if, and only if.. you can get it cheaper than other well known brands. Make sense? Think of the NVX as sort of the "original" Dynomat (but thin).. meaning it's not the best on the market for how much it deadens.. But it's just as good as the other brands in it's thickness and "grade" quality of accoustical properties of the material. It's not crap.. It MAY be the "house brand" for Sonic, not sure.. but it's not generic crap.

So.. if you can get it cheaper than anything else -- I highly recommend it.

If it's more than say Rattletrap, or other recognizable brands.. well that's your call. To me it was fairly identical in how well it cut, how well it "stuck" to the surface, and so on... to the name brand stuff.

Now the wiring.. I can't give you any personal experience. That said, I would imagine it's probably not "bad" wiring. If their Sound deadener quality is any indication of the NVX brand, it's probably on par with your mid-grade wiring.. not cheap, not the absolute best money can buy.

For wiring I went with KnuKonceptz for ALL my wiring. Lemme see if I can find the link to him:

Here's the 4 Gauge amp wiring kit (comes with 1 RCA cable (with remote wire built into the cable (so no running separate remote wire),.. terminal ends, etc etc..

KnuKonceptz KCA 4 Gauge True 4 Gauge Amp Kit Installation Wiring Kit | eBay

You can't beat $26.99 for a 4 Gauge Amp kit plus the extras in it.. This is GOOD quality stuff he makes/sells.. The elitists don't want the CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum) -- but I think it's fine, and much of what you are going to find that's more expensive is still the CCA with same ratio.

He sells everything else too, for good prices on ebay.. I bought a 50ft roll of 14gauge speaker wire (it's SUPER flexible.. suprisiningly flexible honestly) -- but thick, well sheathed, and good quality. I also grabbed 2 more sets of RCA cables (he sent them sheathed up all together.. (4 ends, all different colors.. but the wires were all tightly sheathed so you could easily run them through the car as one unit).

I'm no spokesman for this company/guy -- but someone else here passed me the link to him, and it worked well for me, and I got all my wiring for a complete car rewire with four 6.5" speakers, four 1" tweeters, a 10" Sub.. A 5 Channel Amp,.. and a headunit with 3 sets of RCA preouts for less than $75-$80 If I recall correctly.

Take care,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.