Now I dont know WTF to do!!

Definitely not good to be shaking them like that, maybe try some sort of rubber grommets or something to help deaden the vibrations.
imuna do this....all the way around ...under the amps (thick) and on and under both sides of the screws and not torqued down....I bet this 'll work

thanks for the Ideas fellahs!!! keep em comin! Im prolly gonna be wrong still! knowing my history!..

If these new Memphis amplifiers are built anywhere near the level of the ones I used in 2007, I predict they won't last long being vibrated like that. I had nothing but issues with mine due to the fact that the majority of the circuit board was supported by the FETS. The vibrations caused the legs to de-solder and that was all she wrote for the amplifier until it went in for repair. This happened THREE times before the amplifier was finally destroyed in a car accident.
Luckily, I was lazy and actually purchased authorized AND paid for a professional installation. As a result, the warranty issues went smoothly.
good lookin...thanks!

If these new Memphis amplifiers are built anywhere near the level of the ones I used in 2007, I predict they won't last long being vibrated like that. I had nothing but issues with mine due to the fact that the majority of the circuit board was supported by the FETS. The vibrations caused the legs to de-solder and that was all she wrote for the amplifier until it went in for repair. This happened THREE times before the amplifier was finally destroyed in a car accident.
Luckily, I was lazy and actually purchased authorized AND paid for a professional installation. As a result, the warranty issues went smoothly.
how much was it per repair (just so I know where to place my level of concern towards this issue..lol)

try bracing the box better it is obviously flexing it's ass off and trashing your amps by weakening all your solder joints.
do you think that the flex of the box is circumventing (sp?) through the screws and vibrating the amp regardless of the barrier between the amp and the box?

try bracing the box better it is obviously flexing it's ass off and trashing your amps by weakening all your solder joints.

do you think that the flex of the box is circumventing (sp?) through the screws and vibrating the amp regardless of the barrier between the amp and the box?

aight fellahs...I just wanted to drop back in and say thanks.... to stop the shaking and solve the vibrating and rattling all in one shot....I cushoned my Memphis pr1.500 amps with stacked foam squares on top of a 1x2 which I also put 3/4" foam between. I have the amp bolted with rubber grommets on both sides of the screws through 3/4" foam squares to the 1x2, and the 1x2 was also padded and thats what I have bolted seperately to the "prefab Memphis slotted box" with Memphis M312D2 subs, and a pioneer DEH p6800mp hu (sorry ppl....the prefab is all I have at the moment) all this creates like a 1" gap at the bottom of the amp with every thing squished slightly down but it creates a floating coushion for the amps having to be on the prefab box in the back of my Eclipse .... got my gains set right and my HU on lock and I just wanna THANK YOU!! This friggin system dumps like a tidal wave of molasses accross the streets!!! I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING LIKE THIS IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!! It is the most disgustingly jawdropping sound I have EVER been witness to... thanks! Its hard to describe....my first real experience I guess...

lol, wat? The vibrations must have caused the internals of that amp to get pretty hot to de-solder them...

Maybe you meant the solder joints cracked?

lol, wat? The vibrations must have caused the internals of that amp to get pretty hot to de-solder them...

Maybe you meant the solder joints cracked?
lol, late night. De-Solder wasn't the proper term.

The FET legs would break away from the circuit board causing shorting. I blamed it on Memphis's poor design where a good bit of strain was placed on the FETS due to the lack of adequate circuit board support in the heat sink. They may have addressed this problem by now but I wouldn't know because they are yet another brand of amplifier that I have given up on.

I am, however, using a Memphis MS124d in my wife's vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Mik3Ripp3r

10+ year member
Mik3Ripp3r
NP, NE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from