not sure if mine is locked up.. did a search.

Participant count
  • Participant list

christiankills
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Tampa, Fl
When I searched on locked up subs everyone said it couldnt be moved at all, but with mine.. when i tap on the cone it makes a clicking sound, and i can push it in only to have it revert to normal very slowly as though suction was holding it back.

is my sub locked up?

Actually is would be a poorly built box because there would be an air leak somewhere to form the vacuum behind it.
It may not be locked up, per se, but it sounds like it is blown. Voicecoil out of alignment, coil unwinding, etc...
Thanks for correcting me, i'm still learning...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

It looks like you have the wrong connections. The head unit uses one amplifier to amplify 2 to 4 of your speakers. You are using 2 amplifiers...
I would have opt. for an Aero ported enclosure and a different mono amp for that sub, But ..thats me
That's a bit of a loaded question. A few FB amps were known to catch on fire. But that was more due to poor quality or specific use-scenarios...
If the amp is already part of the unit, with the amp built in, you would need a power supply, something like this: Or sell that amp amp and...
So i got a 1.5ft Stinger 9000 series rca and i cant get none of the four twist locks to come off. I have had sets of these before and not had...

About this thread

christiankills

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
christiankills
Tampa, Fl
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date