Not loud enough!

well your definately not getting 1500 rms to the sub at 4ohms. Maybe 500. I havent heard many good things about pheonix gold putting out rated power. get a new amp that is 1 ohm stable. what is your electrical like

My electrical is stock batt. and alt. I was told there were no upgrades for my batt or alternator.

My electrical is stock batt. and alt. I was told there were no upgrades for my batt or alternator.
you can get a better battery and get a high output alternator and do the Big 3 upgrade.

Who told you there is no bat or alt upgrade for you? Smack them

well your definately not getting 1500 rms to the sub at 4ohms. Maybe 500. I havent heard many good things about pheonix gold putting out rated power. get a new amp that is 1 ohm stable. what is your electrical like
Phoenix Gold use to be the Shiznit back in the day and they still make good stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

you are probaly giving your sub just as much power is your friend.

and he also has you beat in cone area.

get a cheap 1 ohm stable amp like a hifonics 1606. or something cheap.

Phoenix Gold use to be the Shiznit back in the day and they still make good stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
The Octaine Amplifiers were junk. Once Rodin got ahold of Phoenix Gold they started to come back. RSD and Ryval amplifiers are pretty solid for the money.

that 15:1 is crap sorry but its a giant boat anchor of fail.

this term "1 ohm stable" is a laugh. Anyway, get a good class D amp capapble of driving 4 ohms very hard. Or get another sub and run the 2 4 ohm drivers at 2 ohms. You can find amps that don't burn up at 1 ohm...but they sure as hell don't sound good at 1 ohm. You're just trying to squeexe too much blood out of the same turnip.

Loudness contour curves in car audio are largely in place because road noise causes the most cancellations at the extreme ends of the spectrum. Ever notice how the bass is the first to drop off when on the road? Then the highs, losing detail. You continue to turn it up to the point of ear fatigue which is usually caused by midbass frequencies even though you "think" the fatigue is a function of blaring tweeters, its actually the top end of the midbass.

Wait!...running @ 1ohm does not sound like crap,

I've been running at 1ohm for months and it sounds

pretty clean (BL not really an SQ sub tho)

Half the forum runs @ 1ohm if not below that, as far as i see it

its free wattage if the amp is up to it.

Wait!...running @ 1ohm does not sound like crap,I've been running at 1ohm for months and it sounds

pretty clean (BL not really an SQ sub tho)

Half the forum runs @ 1ohm if not below that, as far as i see it

its free wattage if the amp is up to it.
1 ohm for most amplifiers that can run at that impedance = more THD then an amp that makes its power at 4ohm.

I am pretty sure that is what he is getting at.

Like someone said before, get a cheap 1 ohm stable amp...like a hifonics or something similar. Then search "big 3 upgrade" and do that. Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but what kind of enclosure are you using?

The Octaine Amplifiers were junk. Once Rodin got ahold of Phoenix Gold they started to come back. RSD and Ryval amplifiers are pretty solid for the money.
that 15:1 is crap sorry but its a giant boat anchor of fail.
No need to appologize,I'm just getting in to car audio so I'm sure I'll go through many pieces of crap until I find something that pleases me.I forgot who told me they didn't have upgrades for alts. or batts. in 02 Dodge Stratus,but when I find out I'll scratch their eyes out!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

why not do some research? find a class d that can run your 4 ohm load at close to the same wattage as a 2 ohm load. I'm not going to get much into the benefits of robbing yourself of sound quality:)

I like to look for the copies of great amps. I run the slightly older tripath model of this. Now you may not be in the market for an Arc amp based on price, but check out the copies. Look what a little research will do. That clarion and cerwin vega is an almost direct copy for 1/5 the price.

However, I'm not in a position to advise on matters of SPL so I graciously concede:)

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Arc_1500DR/

why not do some research? find a class d that can run your 4 ohm load at close to the same wattage as a 2 ohm load. I'm not going to get much into the benefits of robbing yourself of sound quality:)

I like to look for the copies of great amps. I run the slightly older tripath model of this. Now you may not be in the market for an Arc amp based on price, but check out the copies. Look what a little research will do. That clarion and cerwin vega is an almost direct copy for 1/5 the price.

However, I'm not in a position to advise on matters of SPL so I graciously concede:)

http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com/Arc_1500DR/
Thank ya sir.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

It's not but the fact is that that can harm your amp and your sub. You could be sending a cliped signal to your amp and that could make it not sound as loud.
LOUDNESS WILL NEVER HURT AN AMP ARE YOU GUYS HIGH?

clipped signal = bad. loudness and bassboost can kill your subs/amp so turn it off. as fr getting loud, installation is everything. did you make your box?
Like someone said before, get a world record breaking but low cost 1 ohm stable amp...like a hifonics or something similar. Then search "big 3 upgrade" and do that. Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but what kind of enclosure are you using?
AND THERE I FIXED WHAT YOU SAID THEY ARE INEXPENSIVE NOT CHEAP! who has the loudest trunk car in the world? on 2 subs with Hifonics amps?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.