Not impressed

You have experience with these? Can they be mounted off axis on the a pillar and sound good? I've got a dd 8 inch sub and that little thing rocks.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Yes, i ran them in my truck for 6-8months till i dropped my mid and bought a CDT set. I still have them in my closet, waiting for a future build. Very warm sound, was ran passive on a eclipse premium with hertz mids.

Aside from that, do you have any recommendations? I've been out of the audio world since I got back from Germany in 2005. I talked to a guy here and he wants me to buy the focal components and replace the eclipse. I don't think my eclipse mid range sounds bad at all and don't really wanna spend another 400 bucks.
Focal sets will always be better quality and sounding then the eclipse, but if you are happy with the eclipse set why settle for something else?

Unless your wanting to go louder and the speakers cannot handle the upgrade then id suggest go with the focal set.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

I just want a better tweeters. The ones in there are so bright it hurts my ear when I turn the amp up enough to power the mids. I may just buy another amp and bi amp them.

I just want a better tweeters. The ones in there are so bright it hurts my ear when I turn the amp up enough to power the mids. I may just buy another amp and bi amp them.
Have you considered using a capacitor to cross the tweeters lower?

Either that or consider lowering the treble on the eq settings of your headunit.

A simple dsp can fix bright tweeters

I just ordered another amp. Gonna bi amp the front stage. May wind up getting a dsp later. Hard to shell out another 800 bucks right now.

I just ordered another amp. Gonna bi amp the front stage. May wind up getting a dsp later. Hard to shell out another 800 bucks right now.
Oh? You could of gotten a cheap dsp for lower then 200$.

Either way however you do it should all work.

Exactly how does this thing work?
If you head unit is not a high end pure sound quality head unit like a pioneer 80 prs or kenwood 998x or some oldschool eclipse head units, you'll automatically have much better sound quality due to the processing power of the unit. You plug two RCAs from head unit to the output on the processor and get 8 channels of output. Can have midrange, midbass, tweeter and subwoofer all controlled separately or mid, tweeter, rear, subwoofer. You can choose whichever you want. Each channel you can have either high pass or low pass filter or both anywhere from 20hz to 20khz. There are 31 bands of graphical EQ for each channel for complete sound control. There's also time delay which makes magic happen by delaying the speakers closer to you so all the sound waves from each speaker reaches your ear at the same time. This envelops you in music and creates a whole soundstage like a full rock concert in front of you on the dash. Everything is easily tuneable with a software interface when you plug it in your laptop.

If you head unit is not a high end pure sound quality head unit like a pioneer 80 prs or kenwood 998x or some oldschool eclipse head units, you'll automatically have much better sound quality due to the processing power of the unit. You plug two RCAs from head unit to the output on the processor and get 8 channels of output. Can have midrange, midbass, tweeter and subwoofer all controlled separately or mid, tweeter, rear, subwoofer. You can choose whichever you want. Each channel you can have either high pass or low pass filter or both anywhere from 20hz to 20khz. There are 31 bands of graphical EQ for each channel for complete sound control. There's also time delay which makes magic happen by delaying the speakers closer to you so all the sound waves from each speaker reaches your ear at the same time. This envelops you in music and creates a whole soundstage like a full rock concert in front of you on the dash. Everything is easily tuneable with a software interface when you plug it in your laptop.
So the audiocontrol lc7i I bought pretty much becomes useless. Or at the least something I could sell. I kept the factory radio.

So the audiocontrol lc7i I bought pretty much becomes useless. Or at the least something I could sell. I kept the factory radio.
basically yeah. The DSP takes factory speaker level inputs for signal too. audiocontrol LCI stuff is getting outdated fast.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Average.Joe
Central, TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Jeffdachef
all out.jpg