not enough power!

jr_casteel1999
10+ year member

i have a 06 trailblazer and i have 1 13w7 and jl 1000/1 v1 amp. the amp drains all the power from my truck and the amp shuts off. im guessing im going to need a cap or i was thinking of like another battery. i was looking at the kinetik 600 battery. found hem on ebay for around 70 bucks. would this be enough? or what other options do i have?

it kicks off if i come to a stop and kicks back on when i get rolling again. also voltage meter on the dash drops below 12v and runs 14.4 when stereo is not up. i have all 0 gage wire but have not done the big 3

I would start with the big 3 and I usually just upgrade the alternator instead of adding a batt but a batt doesn't hurt either. The big 3 might solve your problem entirely but the kinetic and Stinger batts are solid if you still need one. Anything would help really and 1000w isn't that much so you could get away with the smaller wires.

yeah, sumpin ain't rite
yea 1000w rms shouldn't do that.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------

i dont really know much about this equipment. its new to me. i have the gain on the amp set 3 quarters of the way up. if i turn it down the sub dont hit as hard.
jesus christ! yea turn it down and do some reading!

second thought pull that poor amp out and ship it to me before you kill it! I will give it a good home I promise but you got to stop this abuse before I report you to the proper authority's!

why turn it down? then it dont bump as much? it is not distorted or anything. i guess i just dont understand. wouldent that be like buying a 2000watt sub and only hooking it up to a 200 watt amp?

check your head unit settings. make sure the sub settings are at 0 instead of like, -5 or something. Also check to make sure that your sub is wired in parallel instead of series.. your amps doesn't do much power at higher ohm loads so if your sub is wired in series, you could be cranking the gain up just to get 300 watts out of it.

why turn it down? then it dont bump as much? it is not distorted or anything. i guess i just dont understand. wouldent that be like buying a 2000watt sub and only hooking it up to a 200 watt amp?
The gain is not a volume knob it's to match the output to source unit that's it!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.