Not as loud as anticipated?

i really dont think that pre out voltage will make that much of a difference...
it makes a huge difference. especially b/c most of the better made amps are meant to respond to a higher end source unit which typically have much higher pre-out voltages around 5 volts and some with 8 volts.

it makes a huge difference. especially b/c most of the better made amps are meant to respond to a higher end source unit which typically have much higher pre-out voltages around 5 volts and some with 8 volts.
i disagree...i have used a older alpine with whatever pre out voltage it had and my 8 volt pre out eclipse, no difference when you set the gain right...

i disagree...i have used a older alpine with whatever pre out voltage it had and my 8 volt pre out eclipse, no difference when you set the gain right...
i'm not gonna argue with you b/c on a level you do have a good point and you may very well be right. on the other hand I've seen AQ, DD, RD, and Sundown amps react very poorly to headunits with 2.5 volts or less. when those same amps were paired with a source unit with 5volts or higher those amps woke the dead.

qft.

I say just listen to it like you normally would and see if they become louder, I bet they will...

and it's hard to compare cars. when I first got into car audio I bought a pair of mtx's. these were decent in my car, but I ripped em out and sold them to my sis for cheap when I wanted to upgrade. I put them in a 2004 kia spectra and you would think a bomb was in the ****in trunk. some cars are just better than others spl wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by plugitin View Post

i'm not gonna argue with you b/c on a level you do have a good point and you may very well be right. on the other hand I've seen AQ, DD, RD, and Sundown amps react very poorly to headunits with 2.5 volts or less. when those same amps were paired with a source unit with 5volts or higher those amps woke the dead.
only one way to find out whos right... either of you wanna give me a line drive/eq for testing pruposes?? haha

Well, sometimes carudio is a b*tch. I had this problem once, with a old pioneer cd player. (2v ) pre amps. So I wanted the ipod capability anyway so I upgraded to a HU with 4 volt pre amps and that was that. It was a night and day difference in my situation, Maybe I had other issues with the older deck, but th new one fixed the DEEEBEEEZ. AND I GOT IPOD CONTROL ON SCREEN. I know sometimes this bass addiction just seems like its more money everytime you turn around, well my friend, it is. Good luck seriously. You got some nice eqipt, there, it should be wangin. Hope this helps.

I think it comes down to expectations. You have a good combo that should have a considerable amount of output, in a vehicle thats not that hard to get loud.

Also, most brand new subs tend to be very stiff, and require a degree of break in time.

Line driver will help, but only to lower you gain settings, not with your current problem with output. Id suggest going over your setting on your amp and give it some time before you invest in some other equiptment you might not need.

I think it comes down to expectations. You have a good combo that should have a considerable amount of output, in a vehicle thats not that hard to get loud.
Also, most brand new subs tend to be very stiff, and require a degree of break in time.

Line driver will help, but only to lower you gain settings, not with your current problem with output. Id suggest going over your setting on your amp and give it some time before you invest in some other equiptment you might not need.
This guy is right yuur gain is only there to match ur output from the head-unit. I happen to have an eclipse with 5v, all that lets me do is not even move my gains on the amps i have. Gains have nothing to do with output unless your gain is inaccurately set to low to properly match the output voltage of your HU

My gains are set about 3/4 the way up. Any more and you can hear it distorting. I also turned up my crossover frequency and that seemed to help some.

I read about polarity being crossed up and canceling or something of that nature and I was wondering if that could be it? The reason I say that is because on my reconed subs on one side are +- on one side and the opposite side is the opposite order, -+, while all the wiring diagrams show the subs as +- on one side and then also +- on the opposite side. So could the guy that reconed them have accidentally got them mixed up?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.