Northeast Region northeastern PA

CT,DC,DE,MA,MD,NH,NJ,NY,PA,RI,VT,WV
The closest place to get mic'd at would be up at decked out audio in waverly. The second closest place is benchmark audio in horseheads. What kind of numbers do you expect to hit? You can get one of those crappy 130db mics anywhere cheap. I got a audiocontrol epic 160 hooked up in my car, so I always know about how loud I am.

The closest place to get mic'd at would be up at decked out audio in waverly. The second closest place is benchmark audio in horseheads. What kind of numbers do you expect to hit? You can get one of those crappy 130db mics anywhere cheap. I got a audiocontrol epic 160 hooked up in my car, so I always know about how loud I am.
so decked out has a meter they would let me use? i have one of the crappy db meters it maxes out. now i might have to go up there and see.

Those crappy 130 dB meters are highly innaccurate.

They read on a weighted scale so they can be off as much as 20 dB on low frequencies and maybe 5 dB on high frequencies. They arent worth anything to you.

The Epic 160 isnt very accurate either, but slightly better than those cheap meters.

A TermLab or AC 190 is your best bet for accuracy.

The guy who runs Decked out audio is really cool, I would reccomend them to anyone, and they usually charge like ten bucks to mic you. You'll wanna call for an appointment first though. I agree that the epic 160 is not the most accurate thing in the world. Any idea about how accurate it is though?

The guy who runs Decked out audio is really cool, I would reccomend them to anyone, and they usually charge like ten bucks to mic you. You'll wanna call for an appointment first though. I agree that the epic 160 is not the most accurate thing in the world. Any idea about how accurate it is though?
cool, ill prolly call him up next week after i get my new system installed and take my bros jetta and my cabrio and get metered.

Is he the guy right on the main drag in Waverly? If so, I went up there and thought the guy was a bit uneducated. He kept trying to push SoundStream products to me terribly, saying he hit 160-something with 2 10's blah blah.

But if he has a decent mic, I may need to take my car up there sometime.

Radney, we should get a few guys like me, you, Mosier, and maybe Williams and all go get metered sometime. Maybe he would give us a multi-person discount.

I have seen the Epic 160 be off as much as 3-4 dB from an AC190 and 7 dB off from a Termlab.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

poundindak69
monroeton, pa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
poundindak69
1714321195129.png