noob with an RS

Jameseypoo
5,000+ posts

Keeps it really real.
I bought his Alpine CDA-9811 off of him about a week ago. I received the cd player extremely fast, but it didn't have everything he said it would have... here are some of the first pm's...

Hi, I am very interested in the cd player you have for sale, but I have a few questions. Does it come with the trim ring, metal sleeve, faceplate case, remote.... pretty much everything that it came with when it was purchased? Thank you.
- James
i've got all of the above except for the original box and the faceplate case... the whole unit is in EXCELLENT condition and really needs to go soon.. be sure to hit me back up. peace.

When I received it, it was missing the remote, mounting sleeve, and trim ring... all of which I specifically asked about. He is now saying that he will refund me $5 or I need to send it back to him. I guess I'm just complaining, who is being unreasonable here?

who is being unreasonable here?
He is. He lied in saying that he had all of the above. You, as the buyer, took his word and gave him money for all of the above. He did not give you all of the above, therefore it is his fault. I think those things are worth more than $5 anyway.

If he has the stuff, have him send it to you

If he doesn't have the stuff, have him refund like 15-20% of the buying price.

If he doesn't do either of the above, post horrible feedback and prevent him from doing buisness with other caraudio.com forum members because he screwed you over.

He is. He lied in saying that he had all of the above. You, as the buyer, took his word and gave him money for all of the above. He did not give you all of the above, therefore it is his fault. I think those things are worth more than $5 anyway.
If he has the stuff, have him send it to you

If he doesn't have the stuff, have him refund like 15-20% of the buying price.

If he doesn't do either of the above, post horrible feedback and prevent him from doing buisness with other caraudio.com forum members because he screwed you over.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/iagree.gif.15d6c075ee8d3913ba26866d06993068.gif

I would return it if I hadn't already installed it, besides, I would have to pay shipping so that would put me in the hole by a few bucks and I just spent $9 on a trim ring off ebay. Anybody know where I can get a 2004 Alpine mounting sleeve? This *****..

For the mounting sleeve, I'd just run over to Circuit City/other local shops. Chances are they have a few just laying around you may be able to snatch up for free if you are nice to them. Probably could have done the same thing for the trim ring if you hadn't already dropped $9 on it.

Workin on the $5 :/ I did get a free Alpine mounting sleeve from Best Buy, but it was a 2005 model sleeve which I guess is different than the 2004 because the HU doesn't snap into place or anything. It can be pulled out with no effort (Pay no attention to my last statement if you are a thief).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Jameseypoo

5,000+ posts
Keeps it really real.
Jameseypoo
Bloomington, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies