noob question time

Participant count
  • Participant list
Alright i'm new and I know how to use the search option btw so don't tell me that cause I searched for it and cannot find it. Before joining these forums I lurked around for a bit and seen people talking about amps for inside there car now do I need one for the inside audio as well as one in the trunk for the subs? Is it bad to just have an amp for the subs and not the inside coaxial speakers? I need help cause I don't wanna screw up my audio.

u can do that if u mean ur powering ur coaxial speakers off the head unit, its just not recommended because generally a HU doesnt produce alot of power and has a pretty high THD raiting. It'd be better if u can get an amp for ur speakers and an amp or 2 or w/e depending on how much u need for ur subs. But if u dont got the cash, there's really nothing u can do.

Do you need an amp for your interior speakers?

The simple answer is no, you don't. You can get by powering them off of your headunit if you wish but most (if not all) aftermarket speakers, whether they be coaxials or component sets, are going to be much happier and provide you with significantly better performance being driven by an outboard amplifier.

Is it "bad" per se not to amplify interior speakers? Depends on the needs/preferences of the individual user, friend. If you're happy with the output you're getting currently and don't want to invest in an amplifier for them then don't let anyone convince you to spend $$ you don't want to. However, like already stated, the performance upgrade is generally worth the cost of admission //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

ahhh ok yeah cause i know the hu has an internal amp(kinda blew the first one i bought) but I'll check into the amps maybe later this week and see if it's worth it since you say the hu doesn't put out much power. Thanks. Also could I just use the tutorial thats on here for amps for those speakers instead of the subs or is there a different method? Ok one more edit would it be best just to get a two channel amp since it's for the inside or should i get a four channel. I want awesome performance cause I play a lot of bassy songs.

You're not going to get huge bass out of your interior speakers.

That's not what they are for, anyway.

Want big bass? Add a substage.

Some will say to only go with a two-channel amp and continue to power your rear fill off of the HU. Personally I like amplified rear fill so I use a 4ch amp to power my interior speakers. If you make the choice to amplify the rears then you'll want to go with a 4ch amp for a couple of different reasons:

a) A single 4ch is easier to install than a pair of 2ch amps

b) If you tried to run both your front speakers and your rear speakers off of a 2ch amp (which is possible, mind you) you'll completely eliminate any fadar functionality and will not be able to adjust the sound front to rear since they would all be amplified from the same power source.

Ok then it's time to go a looking for a 4 channel amp. I know inside speakers aren't for bass but thats all I have right now. I think what I plan to do is buy the subs and amp for that now and then after that buy the amp for the inside speakers.

If you're on a tight budget eBay is a decent source for aftermarket audio gear as well as the Classifieds section here and the Classifieds on other car audio forums (research your seller before dedicating any funds to a purchase, though)

Well, ostensibly that is what we're here for.

Like someone said in your other thread...if someone comes in here and is respectful while making it plain that they're trying to get some assistance we love to give help!

It's the ones that come in here, ask for help with one thing or another, and then completely disregard any and all advice given that annoy the crap out of us.

There are heaps of folks that have immense amounts of knowledge in various areas that regularly participate here. If you take the time to sift through all the BS (and there's plenty of it here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif) there's stacks and stacks of good info contained here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.