Noob needs Suggestions !!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

One Kool Cat

Hello All, Ive been surfing the forum for quite some time now and need some help. I have a 95 Camaro with equipment in sig. I just put the Hertz in the doors the other day and I believe they are overpowering my sub. The tube is over ten years old and i think Its time for a replacement //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Now for the suggestions, Im going to get a stealth or subthump box for a nice neat install that doesnt take up too much space.

First: The subthump is pure MDF construction with .6 cu ft

Theres another option/company where the back is made of fiberglass suited to your subs specs. Which would sound better?

I listen to all types of music from Guns N Roses to G-unit, mostly rock though. So Im more concerned with sq but I want it to hit too. Remember Ive been listening to a Bazooka Tube for ten years so Im sure just about anything is an improvement.

Second: I can get a new amp and sub combo or just a sub to run off of my alpine only 300 watts rms. Can I get a sub to perform well with minimum power?

Third: If not, I was looking at maybe an RE SE 10 or FiQ10 (both good for small enclosures) powered by a Merlin MD-1D. Although wouldnt I have to upgrade electrical to run something this powerful?

Sorry for such a long post but wanted to make sure I gave all the info I could. If you guys could lead me in the right direction that would be great. Theres a wealth of info on here but the more I read the more I cant decide what I want //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.