Noob needs some advice

jmanneff
10+ year member

So I decided to go with 2 amps, 1 for the front stage pushing 300 watts rms, and another for the rear stage and sub 380 watts rms. Would I be better off with 2 runs of 4 awg from the battery, or a distribution block before the amps? If a distribution block, should I keep the 4 awg wire, or switch to 8 awg wire? Any help is greatly appreciated.

im running a dual amp setup in my honda. i have 0 gauge wire from battery with 200a fuse, connected to cap then to a dis block with 2 fuses. from the dis block i ran 4 gauge wire to the amps. the size wire you should use depends on how many watts you will be producing. 800 watts or less 4 awg is fine 800 or more 2 awg or bigger. you dont want the amps to work harder to make the power than they need to.

I'm running 680 watts rms, and I won't have a sub for a while yet, so actual watts at first will be 450 rms. The main thing I was wondering was about the 8awg from the block to the amps, and also if a fused block was needed.

I'm running 680 watts rms, and I won't have a sub for a while yet, so actual watts at first will be 450 rms. The main thing I was wondering was about the 8awg from the block to the amps, and also if a fused block was needed.
I would go ahead and get a fused block but thats just me

Thank you guys, I just ordered a fused block and some 8 awg wire. I appreciate all of the answers. Just one last thing, should I look into getting a new battery like an optima yellow top? Ihave the stock battery in my truck now, which is an '08 Nissan Titan it has 650 cca and a 130 amp alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.