Noob installing after market stereo.

Participant count
  • Participant list

5kids2feed

Bear with me. My terminology will be way off but..

I have a Chevy Silverado 2010 1500.

I bought a VRN-65HXB off of Ebay for it. VRN-65HXB | Soundstream

It came with a GMK318 mounting kit https://www.amazon.com/GMK318-2006-2013-Double-DIN-Dash/dp/B00XQM2RLO

and a GWH406 wire harness https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9399_American-International-GWH-406-Standard-Standard-Bose-Edition.html

So I used butt connectors got everything wired correctly and placed the head unit into the mount kit but there's one missing detail.. I have a danging red wire (labeled ACC +12VDC) .. and everything I've read so it have to wire tap it to a fuse.. which i've located on the left side of the steering wheel.. the only thing I don't know is which one to put it to? It's one of those wire taps that has a hook, so I can hook it on one of the fuses.. I've read to connect it to one that is only powered on when the truck is on.. there is a label next to the fuse that tells me which fuse is which.. but my main concern is which one do I put it on once I find one? 5, 10, 20? I know if I do too high it'll start a fire. Any help on which one I can hook it to would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for all the newbie lingo. Thanks in advance.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.