(noob) Got a 2015 Jeep Cherokee. Need better audio.

Participant count
  • Participant list

priley9860

GA
Hey,

So I just got a new Cherokee and the audio system kinda blows. I think it's six speaker (might be four, but don't think so) and it plays "okay" until I turn up the volume, which; oddly makes the volume go down....

It does that whole "lowers the sound level so the bass isn't too much..." thing.

So, I'd like a better system, but I don't want to mess with the head unit or mess with the current speakers. I'd just like to add more speakers (better ones).

I'm new with this, so I'd like the simplest route possible. Perhaps a sort of plug and play option. Maybe if I could find some speakers that already had enclosures to place in the cargo area or under the seats.... idk.

Can anyone guide me here?

Thanks.

Hey,
So I just got a new Cherokee and the audio system kinda blows. I think it's six speaker (might be four, but don't think so) and itys "okay" until I turn up the volume, which; oddly makes the volume go down....

It does that whole "lowers the sound level so the bass isn't too much..." thing.

So, I'd like a better system, but I don't want to mess with the head unit or mess with the current speakers. I'd just like to add more speakers (better ones).

I'm new with this, so I'd like the simplest route possible. Perhaps a sort of plug and play option. Maybe if I could find some speakers that already had enclosures to place in the cargo area or under the seats.... idk.

Can anyone guide me here?

Thanks.
To get a better sound you don't just add more speakers. You can always add an amp to the existing set up to boost your sound, along with sealing up your doors to get a better sound. Need to know what kind of budget you have to work with and be a little more specific about your goals.

The first thing that comes to mind is adding JL Cleansweep products, or something similar, that will give you a new separate volume control and an Un-EQd full range signal for a new amplifier. This is dependent upon the tested and confirmed behavior of the audio signals in the vehicle. Guessing is not the right way to handle this.

Where in GA are you located?

To get a better sound you don't just add more speakers. You can always add an amp to the existing set up to boost your sound, along with sealing up your doors to get a better sound. Need to know what kind of budget you have to work with and be a little more specific about your goals.
Would adding an amp not overpower the speakers?

You probably gotta bypass factory amps and factory cutoff limits on the stock head unit.
How would I do that?

The first thing that comes to mind is adding JL Cleansweep products, or something similar, that will give you a new separate volume control and an Un-EQd full range signal for a new amplifier. This is dependent upon the tested and confirmed behavior of the audio signals in the vehicle. Guessing is not the right way to handle this.
Where in GA are you located?
I have no idea what you mean, but I'm in Augusta, GA.

You'll have to do a bit of driving, but Ultimate Audio in Lexington, SC is the hot shop in your area. If you need other recommendations I can provide that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.