noob-e simple question

the gain is set in the normal position (as marked) what other settings are there.
I'm sorry, the "normal" position? There is no "normal" position, unless things have changed drastically in the last year. Gain is measured in milivolts. You have to match your amplifier gain to the headunit's preout voltage. First things first, grab yourself a screwdriver and head back there. Turn your head unit up to basically the loudest you'll ever listen to your music. Turn your gain ALL THE WAY down (usually left). Now slowly start to increase the gain until you get to the point where you can hear distortion in your subwoofer. Now back it off a hair. Depending on your preout voltage, you'll probably be above halfway. Also check your lowpass/hipass. Make sure it's set to lowpass and have that set to around oh... 80hz. You might also have a "bass boost" setting. Try and leave that as low as possible, but there's no real harm in increasing it a hair to get the sound you want.

At the headunit you should also make sure your lowpass and subwoofer settings are set properly (if applicable).

HEY wonderbread

thanks for all your help but unfortunately no matter what we could do it (in this case) would always result on the negative side..... it was the amp it was defected i took it to a local shop to bench test it and it was bad..... so i returned it and got another one (same as the first) came home installed it and my headache and fustration started to fade:veryhapp: . so thank you very much i still have to do some find tuning on the gain.

HEY wonderbreadthanks for all your help but unfortunately no matter what we could do it (in this case) would always result on the negative side..... it was the amp it was defected i took it to a local shop to bench test it and it was bad..... so i returned it and got another one (same as the first) came home installed it and my headache and fustration started to fade:veryhapp: . so thank you very much i still have to do some find tuning on the gain.
Sounds good! Didn't want to send you back to the shop without making sure you covered all your bases. Nothing worse than looking super stupid because you failed to check something.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.