No sound!

Rcme86

Okay im trying to install a pioneer DEH-1000 in my friends truck. Thought it would be easy but after i pluged all the wires in the deck lite up and we didn't hear any sound. So i cut some wires (Stupid of me...) and pluged those in and they didn't work. Its really strange i pluged in all 8 wires and they go into this plug and the plug turns into 12 or so wires... i dont have a clue what whats going on... Its a 95 mazda B3000 Pick up. Any help would be great. Thanks.

the 12 wire plug probably has these: 8 for the speakers (+ and - for front/back/left/right usually gray, purple, green and white) two for power (red=+ black=-) one remote (blue + to switch other devices like amp/crossover) and the last one should be labled something like memory (yellow should be connected to a non switched + this will feed the HU enough power to keep the memory of your radio from clearing) As the deck lights up you probably have the power right. Try connecting one speaker directly to one pair of speaker connections at the plug and see what happends. I've seen cars where there where wires going from the HU to all 4 corners for the speakers but they weren't connected..

Well its kinda odd. The power is a whole seperatate thing. None of the 12 wires send sound to the speakers. I think the 12 wires go into a seprate box then it sends out the sounds. I have no clue. Do I need to buy a converter?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.