No Power To Amp That Powers Subwoofer! Please Help...

thepremier
10+ year member

I am having an issue with my 1000/1 that powers my sub not powering on. One night I was driving, and all of a sudden my amp/sub stopped working. I assumed that it was my amplifier that was fried, so I took it to a buddy of mine who works for JL Audio and got it repaired. They tested the amp and made sure everything was in working order before returning it back to me.

After he gave me the amp, to my surprise, the amp still would not power on! I figured that they did not repair the amplifier correctly, so I called a buddy of mine and borrowed his 500/1 WORKING amp to see if it was indeed an error on their part in repairing the 1000/1. Well the 500/1 amp did not power up either, so I am not quite sure what the issue could be at this point.

I thought it would be the "remote wire" but I'm not sure because the amp that is running my highs & mids is working just fine. I traced the remote wire, and it looks to be "spliced" to run one remote wire to run the amp for the highs & mids, and the other remote wire to run the 1000/1 amp powering my sub.

I'm wondering how it could be a bad remote wire if one of my amps is working just fine... If it were indeed a bad remote, wouldn't BOTH amps not be powering on?

I also checked fuses, and everything appears to be fine. I am stumped at this point, and not sure what the problem could be, which is very frustrating!

Can you guys shed some light on this issue, and help me figure what could be the issue? All help and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Your dmm Is your love, just don't stick the pointy part in you penis....it hurts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

u probly Just worked the ground loose or maybe a strand of power touched a g

strand of ground and shut it down

Okay, I have a DMM, but what is the process that I would do to use the DMM. I'm pretty new to the car audio arena, and I have never used a DMM to test.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.