No Muffler

just to warn you your car will still be extremly loud without the cat. i just did a complete system to my car. no cat, no resonator just a muffler and it is so **** loud. then i put a resonator on and its still loud. but my resonator and muffler are perforated straight through. not too bad but like you said accelerateing is a ***** because its so loud.
oh ya for sure, im putting my 2 mufflers on tomorrow so that should be nice.. my cats were done though, I noticed an instant 25% boost in gas milage //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Ive got no muffler right now, and after only two days i want it louder, which is why im installing my flowmaster 40 series soon ( already bought and in posession of ) , after that its resonator delete and hi-flow cat , we'll see what that does

Ive got no muffler right now, and after only two days i want it louder, which is why im installing my flowmaster 40 series soon ( already bought and in posession of ) , after that its resonator delete and hi-flow cat , we'll see what that does
wow man do you know what a muffler does, its not gonna make your car any louder it will just either make it quieter or lower the tone, hense the word muffle. also if you want loud why are you putting on a cat. so your best bet is to just run without any exhaust just have your headers there. with your mind set that will be the coolest sound you can get.

Wait 2 years and you will realize how retarded you are, I guarantee it
i doubt it, my dads 40 years old and drives his vette with Headers / No Cat / No Resonator / Flowmasters daily.. ive got good loudness genes on my side //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

wow man do you know what a muffler does, its not gonna make your car any louder it will just either make it quieter or lower the tone, hense the word muffle. also if you want loud why are you putting on a cat. so your best bet is to just run without any exhaust just have your headers there. with your mind set that will be the coolest sound you can get.
The Flowmaster is a chambered muffler, trust me, it will be FAR louder then having nothing at all.. my bestfriend had a magnaflow on his car, and when he took it off and ran straightpipes, it was actually QUIETER, then it was with the muffler

chambered is what will make it quieter. the reason they do that is so that the sound wave get caught and you dont hear them. if you want a loud muffler you get a straight through perforated core. this is like having just a pipe but will eliminate some of the harsh gases from escapeing.

oh ya for sure, im putting my 2 mufflers on tomorrow so that should be nice.. my cats were done though, I noticed an instant 25% boost in gas milage
yea after redoing my whole exhaust and adding my cai i went from getting ~300 miles on a 15gal tank to almost 400 and thats even after i added 17s which had to have slighty lessened my gas mileage. its great gaining gas mileage with these prices nowadays.

A Flowmaster will be louder then what i have now, guaranteed

As i have said, my friend ran a magnaflow for the longest time and it was loud, when he took it off and ran nothing, as i am doing right now, it was QUIETER, then it was with the magnaflow, my cars quiet as hell now, its got a tone in the low rpm and idle, but when your on the gas you barely hear it, that will change //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://www.ronbarthelt.com/Flowmaster_40.wmv

ok man its just that i went from just straight pipe ( just really quick to see performance wise what it would be like) which was crazy loud, then just a mufller (magnaflow) not as loud but still anoying, then i threw on a glasspack and its still loud but is like a perfect match for what i have considering its 2.5in piping and the whole thing is straight through. and as for your dad with the vette that is a real car so its real nice just to have heads thats what my dads 65 stingray was. but its your car so have fun as long as its not loud from miles away.

Miles away? im not that crazy.. ill settle with having everyone at a redlight looking around wondering who the ******* with the obnoxiously loud car is ;P

Personally im a huge fan of the popping noise you get when you let off that gas, that sound kicks ass to me, popping FTW

The only time i would personally say that my car is loud, in my opinion, is when i have it at the top of first gear, say 4.5K out of the 6100 Redline, and then i floor it, then its pretty sweet, other then that, its a old mans ride

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Astyl

10+ year member
Car Audio Enthusiast
Astyl
Bedford, NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date