No Muffler

Astyl
10+ year member

Car Audio Enthusiast
Bedford, NH
The act is complete

398bb51c.jpg

DSC00487sss.jpg

Suprisingly it sounds pretty badass, at idle it has that V8 Flowmaster sound and when you really get onto it it just fades away and the sound from the front end overtakes it, its not crazy loud, just noticibly loud

Vids Up

Sorry about the poor lighting, we took this right after we chopped muffler off, and this was at like 11 or so at night, but then again who needs video anyway right? its all about the sound

Turn up your speakers for this stuff to get the full effect

More vids coming soon, ive got some in the huge parking lot over by my buddys work, took some of it idling and revving it up with the camera down by the back bumper, and then afew whipping around the parking lot with it, ill load em up soon, sounds nice

first off since thats illegal you mine as well take the cat off too so you 1) get more flow and 2) get better sound. secondly you need to get the pipe to go all the way out and while your at it get a bigger diameter piping. also take off the rubber hanger mounts.

2.25 inch piping actually

Also, the hangers are staying, this is NOT permenant, im just beating around with it for about two or so weeks till i put my flowmaster 40 series on

Also, i do NOT need to extend the pipe, ive already checked, its not hurting anything where it is, and is not visible whatsoever, so its fine

I cut off my exhaust (To cut out the cats and put new mufflers on) and im just waiting on my buddy to use his welder, and my car is retardedly loud, and sounds like its fresh off the farm or something.. could be because I got a big badass engine //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

how does it sound at low speeds though, like from 0-25 miles when your accelerating, thats when mine is godly loud. cant wait to get the mufflers on lol.

I cut off my muffler and put on a fart cannon looking thing. Prolly one of the worst things I have done to my car besides trying to build a "system" with an audiobahn bandpass.

My car doesn't sound that bad with the removable silencer in tho.

I cut off my exhaust (To cut out the cats and put new mufflers on) and im just waiting on my buddy to use his welder, and my car is retardedly loud, and sounds like its fresh off the farm or something.. could be because I got a big badass engine
how does it sound at low speeds though, like from 0-25 miles when your accelerating, thats when mine is godly loud. cant wait to get the mufflers on lol.
just to warn you your car will still be extremly loud without the cat. i just did a complete system to my car. no cat, no resonator just a muffler and it is so **** loud. then i put a resonator on and its still loud. but my resonator and muffler are perforated straight through. not too bad but like you said accelerateing is a ***** because its so loud.

Also, i do NOT need to extend the pipe, ive already checked, its not hurting anything where it is, and is not visible whatsoever, so its fine
the reason you extend the pipe to go out is not for looks its to let the exhaust gases escape. so basically why even have an exhaust other then heads if your not letting the gas escape from under the car?

no, there are atleast four other people that are running without mufflers on my car forum and noone has had any issues, and its the same deal as mine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Astyl

10+ year member
Car Audio Enthusiast
Astyl
Bedford, NH
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date