No dash lights

Found quick fix. But now the check engine light is on. I grounded one of the lights in the instrument cluster and have lights now! But it caused the check engine light to come on and stays on even after disconecting the ground jumper. Any ideas?
try disconnecting the battery for a good 30 minutes... it should reset the ECM, switching everything back to the factory default, turning off the light

Found quick fix. But now the check engine light is on. I grounded one of the lights in the instrument cluster and have lights now! But it caused the check engine light to come on and stays on even after disconecting the ground jumper. Any ideas?
Or if you know a mechanic with a code reader have them hook it up and see if it's throwing a code. I think O'Reilly's will run a code scan for free. I just have one in the trunk of my car, I have issues with my transmission that causes the check engine light to turn on occasionally. I clear it quick whenever I get to where I'm going

Or if you know a mechanic with a code reader have them hook it up and see if it's throwing a code. I think O'Reilly's will run a code scan for free. I just have one in the trunk of my car, I have issues with my transmission that causes the check engine light to turn on occasionally. I clear it quick whenever I get to where I'm going
Yep as he said take to them and they'll read the code and clear it. You blew a fuse when you installed the aftermarket radio. Don't try to find it by pulling them out and looking at them, it can be blown and not look blown. Use a power probe or a Multimeter.

like i said. disconnect the battery n it should clear the check engine light... simple fix
Simple, yes, feasible, no... He will have to go through and reset all his settings the way he wanted them, and depending on how much he changed and what options are available on the car itself it could be a royal PITA, like my car.

Whatever float's OP's goat, though. No skin off my balls either way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i had the problem with my 01 montana. weird thing is when i reconnected the battery the light was off, but my settings were still the same... and i changed alot of things on it and they were still there

my HU settings reset yes but none of my vehicle electrical reset
Like I said, it depends on the vehicle. My old car used to just randomly reset all my settings, it happened about once a month. But it was a GM so I gotta give it a little slack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Like I said, it depends on the vehicle. My old car used to just randomly reset all my settings, it happened about once a month. But it was a GM so I gotta give it a little slack //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
i had a vehicle that did that at random so i said F*** it, ran one wire from a 12v source n put a switch on it. never had any problems after that

i got a 77 mercury. now theres really nothing to worry about resetting since there are no computers in it :p
EVERYTHING in my car is computerized, even as a 2001... Suspension firmness and steering effort are completely adjustable on the fly, for example. I have a setting that automatically tilts my side mirrors down when I shift into reverse. That's only a few of the functions that I can play with... Cadillac juuust started putting adjustable on-the-fly suspension on their cars a few years ago, yet my 2001 Lincoln has basically the same function, just with air bags instead of magnets.

Reason #23455 why I love Ford Motor Company vehicles over GM //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Demon73

10+ year member
Demon73
Sacramento,CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from