Nissan NP200 sound installation.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kobus

CarAudio.com Newbie
Good day everyone,

I'm looking for a way to integrate two 6x9 speakers into the standard sound of a Nissan NP200 and changing out the front speakers to better ones (head unit already replaced).

I've been recommended to place them in the holes behind the seats at the sides. Have anyone done this? I'm searching for examples and I'm unable to find anything. 

Attached is an picture of the hole.  

Nissan Np200 Interior.jpg

Good day everyone,

I'm looking for a way to integrate two 6x9 speakers into the standard sound of a Nissan NP200 and changing out the front speakers to better ones (head unit already replaced).

I've been recommended to place them in the holes behind the seats at the sides. Have anyone done this? I'm searching for examples and I'm unable to find anything. 

Attached is an picture of the hole.  

View attachment 3492
i assume the recommendation of a 6x9 in that hole is based on making a baffle for it and attaching it to the sheetmetal around said hole. This can be done in several ways, but im gonna ask you a few questions too. Are ABS plastic sheets readily available to you? How well versed are you with any kind of fabrication? Are you willing to cut that former in order to put a speaker in there? Is there a cover that you took off to expose that area? sorry for all the questions, but this is your first post and inquiring minds want to know :D

I'm not quite sure what they had in mind but I also assumed a baffle.

No Abs plastic is hard to come by and expensive if you find them around my area. 
I'm have no experience in fabrication, I've only done some basic wood working projects in my spare time. 
I don't want to cut out or make major or permanent changes. 
There is no cover for that area. 

No problem with the questions.  The hole before getting slimmer at the end is only 36.5cm by 13cm so not enough for a 6x9 without making some kind of baffle. I'm open to ideas but I was thinking wood would be my best bet as its inexpensive and I've worked with it before. 

I'm not quite sure what they had in mind but I also assumed a baffle.

No Abs plastic is hard to come by and expensive if you find them around my area. 
I'm have no experience in fabrication, I've only done some basic wood working projects in my spare time. 
I don't want to cut out or make major or permanent changes. 
There is no cover for that area. 

No problem with the questions.  The hole before getting slimmer at the end is only 36.5cm by 13cm so not enough for a 6x9 without making some kind of baffle. I'm open to ideas but I was thinking wood would be my best bet as its inexpensive and I've worked with it before. 
birch or mdf around 1/2 inch thick. Cut it to match the lip of the indented part and see if a decent JBL 6x9 can fit without cutting, and all you might need to do is drill some holes for bolts and so forth, carpet the slab with the 6x9 and use its stock grill, then have a beer or 3

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.