NIB Ec;ipse XA2000

Slayerx
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Sacramento
Item(s) for Sale:

NiB Eclipse XA2000

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Never mounted, never seen power, filter and mono switch haven't even been flipped. Will test before ship if you so wish.

Only missing original mounting screws and spare fuse, Might be able to find the fuse if you really want it that bad lol.

Using one of these and an XA1000, the illuminated Eclipse logo is a pretty sweet touch to an install, isn't too bright and doesn't look cheezy at all.

Price:

115+actual ship

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:

You decide. Parcel Post from Cali to east cost is about $20

Item Pictures:

Pics are a few days old, had a buyer who flaked. It's all packaged up and I don't wanna have to redo it lol.

dscn4162w.jpg

dscn4161b.jpg

10-3/16" D x 9-13/16" W x 2-5/16" H

91% at 1/3 volume. Even full tilt my volts pretty much dont move on my undersized alt that the datsuns are known for.

Underrated at 4 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan. 2 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.

I'd say you'd get about 110-125w at 4 ohms, good clean power. Makes my kappas like a new speaker compared to the mb quart dsc480 I had em on. And my mono version of this amp makes my sub hit much harder then the discus

Strange. Never heard of an amplifier actually being that efficient, I've heard of individual sections of amplifiers being measured like that but not an entire amplifier.

That's decently small. Right now I'm just trying to choose between one of a few, this, a Hifonics amp, or a pair of small Linear Power amps.

91% efficiency? For some reason i have a little bit of trouble believing that... even for Class D. What are the dimensions and 2 channel, 4 ohm output? Might be interested for my mids.
Definitely is very efficient. Full range class D at that. The internals are nothing but Bang and Olufsen's top notch SQ.

Gotcha. Either this or another 20 year old Hifonics amp. The Hifonics has the appeal of matching my sub amp. The Eclipse has the appeal of matching my headunit.

Gotcha. Either this or another 20 year old Hifonics amp. The Hifonics has the appeal of matching my sub amp. The Eclipse has the appeal of matching my headunit.
That Hifonics that old will need caps replaced very soon. Ive read 10-15 years tops on caps. Id take this Eclipse any day over an amp that old. The only appeal an amp that old has is for collectors.

Amp's actually been in storage for quite some time, extends the life of the capacitors. But the Hifonics is kinda a collector thing, my dad used to use that stuff.

Amp's actually been in storage for quite some time, extends the life of the capacitors. But the Hifonics is kinda a collector thing, my dad used to use that stuff.
Not sure where you heard or read that from, but caps leak over time regardless of if they are being used or not and you cant tell from visibly looking at one unless its pretty bad.

I can't remember now that I think about it either. Schools use really freaking old ones because if they actually used new ones they couldn't beg for more money "for the children" but they've lasted forever in storage.

This one is pretty new. It's all about deciding whether the "collector" or "old school" is worth the eventual replacement of the caps.

a new never used amp can sit on a shelf and go bad.

I have had plenty of amps. if I were you I would choose this one. heck. if someone doesnt I might buy it back.

read the article he linked. it was tested and its well known these were solid. the last good amps from Eclipse . Its a win/ win situation.

Like I said. not sure why I sold them at all.

Well it's either 115+ship or like 75 picked up for the other one, which is part of why my broke *** wants to cheap out. It's a new vs old school decision now.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.