Next step up from Eclipse 8445?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kingsxman
10+ year member

Noob in training
I've got an Eclipse 8445. I like it for the most part...but there are some things that are driving me a bit nuts....so I'm thinking about looking at an upgrade.

heres what I dont like:

1. I HATE the way you advance to the next track on this unit. Very lame. Hard not to jump 2 or 3 songs ahead turning that **** wheel!

2. Advanced mode doesnt sound as good as standard. I know you get the EQ in advanced that you dont get in normal...but the sound field is very focused in advanced and it doesnt sound as good for Rock. (I had Foxpro5 check this out also and he agreed!)

3. No pause for cd. (what the..?)

Overall its ok....but looking for some recommendations for a step up.

I had a CD5000 and even though it had 8volt preouts... The kenwood DDX-6019 i have now sounds TEN times better. I agree about all the bad things about the Eclipse head units.. seriously, no pause.. BS. lol

Anyway, Kenwood decks have great audio control.

Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.