Newbee question for you guys (thanks)

Participant count
  • Participant list

marccrad

Canada
Ok. so my concern is about sound quality in the car.

I used to listen my music trough my car stereo cd player, but 800mb CD wasn't enough space to store all my mp3.

So I bought a Creative Zen Vision:M

I've been listening to my Zen in my car (using the 3.5mm zen output to the 3.5mm input of my car stereo) for about one month now, and I have this impression that it doesn't sounds as good as any of my cd (mp3 on cd)

Even a 128kbps encoded mp3 playing from a cd sounds better than a 320kps encoded mp3 playing from my zen

The difference in quality is not that big.....but just enough to let me wonder if I made a wrong choice by switching from cd to mp3player to listen music in my car.

I know very few in car audio so please light me up on what YOU think could be the answer a solution for me..

I have different alternative in my mind but I though asking you guys first would be the best thing to do.

Maybe My EQ is just bad configured on my Zen ? Or maybe anything that use a 3.5mm jack plugged to a car stero will lower sound quality ?? I just don't know and that's why i'm here to ask you knowledgeable guys.

Thanks

my first thought was the eq on the zen is ghey, or the volume on the zen is turned up too much and its causing some distortion issues... i use a 4gb microsd card with sd card adapter and plug it into my usb input on my deck, so my deck plays only the data and not some eq'ed out crap from an mp3 player... love it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.