Newb needs help designing system

willisweed
10+ year member

jersey
well basically i dont know much about car audio at all...but i am going to explain what i want and hopefully you guys can help me out...

i have an Alpine CDA-9815 that i will be using for the deck....

my friend gave me a box and amp a while ago that i want to use....the only thing is i do not know what kind of subs they are....i do know they are 12 JL Audio subs hooked up to a 500.1 JL Audio amp...is there anyway i can find out what subs these are without taking them out of the box?

next i plan on getting these speakers for the front.... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fvDv1HINm8y/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=51900&I=065SL80

(will not be paying that much for them btw)

i want comps but i dont have the time or money to go through with installing them...so im set on getting these speakers....now i know my HU doesnt put out enough power for these...so would i be better off getting another amp to power these or get an amp to power everything?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.