New (unofficial) DB drag record: 180.5 dB!

I seen him compeite he did a 179.8 when i saw him. Not impressive cuz its a concrete box that u cant even hear outside the car. If u cant sit in it or drive around in it its not worth having.

I seen him compeite he did a 179.8 when i saw him. Not impressive cuz its a concrete box that u cant even hear outside the car. If u cant sit in it or drive around in it its not worth having.
Obviously you don't understand the dB drag "extreme" classes.

They are meant to be as loud as possible. No holds barred.

Hell, even most of the superstreet and a few of the streetmax cars can't be driven daily.

It's impressive because of the work and ingenuity it takes to achieve such a high dB level. If you don't think it's impressive, then you're just an idiot.

It's a hobby, just like any other hobby. I don't get why people see no problem spending thousands of dollars on collecting things like baseball cards or whatever else, but they automatically assume that this is just a waste of money.

Do you know how much hard work that would take? Most of the vehicles in that class are undriveable.

Not undriveable but not meant to be used as a daily driver.

I know what it means thats why i would never compete in that class. Its not even his design he stole it from someone else. Then he sold it to craig butler.
Craig butler's van is absolutely nothing like dante's car.

While we don't "officially" know that he "stole" the design, I'm more than sure that he got some help/tips on it.

But hey, you can get exact dimensions from somebody else, that doesn't mean you're going to do the same score that they do. Dante still had to build it and fit it to his application.

It takes much more than just building a box and popping a big number. LOTS and LOTS of testing/tweaking to get where he got.

i dont care how he came up with that design, or how much concrete is in/on that car! Thats a hell of a score and took alote of work to make happen, so stop hating on the guy and give him the credit he deserves!!!!!!!!

I understand that he had to do alot of testing and tweaking hiself. But it was pretty much all done for him he just had to do some tweaking.The van is pretty much the same design as the car but it runs 4 12's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

tommyk90

5,000+ posts
THE WHOLE THING!!!
tommyk90
Chicago Heights, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date