New Truck - Need some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

jleecong
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I just purchased a 2008 Nissan Frontier crew cab to replace my dying Integra. Having always had hatchbacks I'm now wondering what to do with the truck.

Currently sitting in my garage from my Integra I have...

SUBS ---- 2 RE SE 10s

S AMP --- Crossfire BMF1000D

I LOVE the RE 10s and have been VERY happy with them for the last 2/3 years, but they are to big to fit under the rear seat of my new truck.

I was thinking either one 10 or two 8s, but have seen two 10s installed in the truck. Box size is looking .7-1.0 cu sealed (I prefer ported). I would like to keep the Crossfire amp (1000W @ 1 ohm). I "prefer" 10s, but have never used 8s. Mounting depth of the subs need to be less than 5".

Being that I've been "out" for the last few years I was hoping someone could offer some good advice or ideas.

Look into Kicker CVT. They have the mounting depth you are looking for.
Thanks! Kickers were the first sub I ever used, but I never went back.
From the specs it looks like I can get the correct VC config and power is good.

1 10" requires .8 cu sealed.

1 8" requires .4 cu sealed so I could do two.

I would really like to do ported.

In the past I have used...

JBL (1 - 10")

Kicker Comp (2 - 12s, 1 - 18")

JL Audio (6 - 10s)

Image Dynamic (1 - 12")

MTX (3 - 10s)

RE Audio (2 -10s)

Rockford (1 - 10")

and probably a few more I have "forgotten" about.

I would prefer something I can NOT get at CircuitCity.

I've heard MTX's, JL and Kicker in small sealed enclosures. Definitely try ported first, but you would probly be surprised as to how good they sound sealed. It's not amazing or anything like that, but it sounds better than most people would think IMO.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.