New toys...

Participant count
  • Participant list

Loud3
5,000+ posts

Pay me, *****.
Sin City
So, some of you know I threw on the new wheels a few weeks ago... well, now it's time to bring the center of gravity on down a little bit... well, a lot.

Picture002.jpg

Fully adjustable.

Moar pix to follow.

Have fun with bump steer and poor suspension geometry...

I will be overhauling everything, and driving daily on 17" 5th gen wheels. The big wheels are just for weekend cruising and shows.

And I do not track it, nor drive aggressively. I'm actually pretty similar to a typical Florida driver... old and slow.

x2, if you can get those wheels to tuck itll look good but they look way off in the backspacing department.

I did not go the wide wheel method to tuck them.

Backspacing is PERFECT, actually.

IMG_0139.jpg

About as flush as it can get.

that will look good, but i'd just lower it enough to eliminate wheel gap or those coilovers will lose adjustability and just be a waste, you should be able to set up a nice riding car with those, good luck.

that will look good, but i'd just lower it enough to eliminate wheel gap or those coilovers will lose adjustability and just be a waste, you should be able to set up a nice riding car with those, good luck.

One of the advantages of the KSport Pros is that they maintain function even when at the lowest point. The shock body does not compress too extensively.

Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do.

One of the advantages of the KSport Pros is that they maintain function even when at the lowest point. The shock body does not compress too extensively.
Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do.
nice, im just speaking from experience, i had the teins on a galant which were 16 way adjustable and still rode rough at the lowest settings, do you have a pic of the lower mount? ive never seen an adjustable one before.

nice, im just speaking from experience, i had the teins on a galant which were 16 way adjustable and still rode rough at the lowest settings, do you have a pic of the lower mount? ive never seen an adjustable one before.

I don't have any pictures offhand, but what I can describe should help, I would hope.

It's a monotube design, the lower mount is completely adjustable by torquing it to the left, or right. Each rung is a new height, but the overall length of the coilover has not changed. They are also adjustable from the mounts on top of the coils, and below the coils.

I have never seen such a versitile coilover in person. I'm sure there are other examples out there, but I was running Tein SS-P's on my old car and they were laughable compared to these bad boys.

Picture001.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Loud3

5,000+ posts
Pay me, *****.
Loud3
Sin City
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date