New TOY!!! German goodness!

Just dont expect high levels out output going to those kind of drivers.
Guys that like those dont listen over 120db
That may make sense as to why the Gladen was lacking on the output part...made to just sound good, not loud.

Those raw drivers just can't take much power or just don't get loud even when you throw good power at them?

That may make sense as to why the Gladen was lacking on the output part...made to just sound good, not loud.
Those raw drivers just can't take much power or just don't get loud even when you throw good power at them?
Power handling is down from a beefy mid. Xmax is low from a beefy mid. You find most in a 3 way so they dont have to go low at all. You find most putting 50 watts or so to them and they are good, you are not going to get much overall out put from a mid on 50 watts but they dont need it.

Power handling is down from a beefy mid. Xmax is low from a beefy mid. You find most in a 3 way so they dont have to go low at all. You find most putting 50 watts or so to them and they are good, you are not going to get much overall out put from a mid on 50 watts but they dont need it.
Ok, I see. He is doing it in a 3-way, so should work out. All scanspeaks we've seen were on the dash aimed right at your face.

Just dont expect high levels out output going to those kind of drivers.
Guys that like those dont listen over 120db
I usually dont go over 120 db of bass during daily listening either. It shouldnt be too bad. I've heard those scanspeaks in person, they were marvelous and can get loud enough to keep up with mid - high 130s when placed on axis.

I usually dont go over 120 db of bass during daily listening either. It shouldnt be too bad. I've heard those scanspeaks in person, they were marvelous and can get loud enough to keep up with mid - high 130s when placed on axis.
Deffinetly be a upgrade

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.