New TOY!!! German goodness!

Excellent SQ amps,and got some power..My SQ friend ran one..I believe his was the 250.4?...Very Expensive when they first came out..And the performance is amazing.Yet, they best be for the price!! LOL

So i'm basically selling this because I feel I can get a cheaper class A/B and get better drivers with the money I save.

Sound quality was pretty good though not as good as the JL audio 6 channel I have, output was lacking, had to gain up really high (85%) to achieve 70% of the volume the PPI phantom puts out and at that point you are getting noise in the system. It was only a tad louder than the JL which was rated for 75 watts per channel and the gain for that was only 40% to achieve proper voltage on the DMM, Gain for ppi is around 40% too. Feel like this gladen amp is for pure SQ setups rather than SQL

So i'm basically selling this because I feel I can get a cheaper class A/B and get better drivers with the money I save.
Sound quality was pretty good though not as good as the JL audio 6 channel I have, output was lacking, had to gain up really high (85%) to achieve 70% of the volume the PPI phantom puts out and at that point you are getting noise in the system. It was only a tad louder than the JL which was rated for 75 watts per channel and the gain for that was only 40% to achieve proper voltage on the DMM, Gain for ppi is around 40% too.
Do you still have the 6 channel? Bridge the middle on it and you're good.

Sound quality was pretty good though not as good as the JL audio 6 channel I have, output was lacking, had to gain up really high (85%) to achieve 70% of the volume the PPI phantom puts out and at that point you are getting noise in the system. It was only a tad louder than the JL which was rated for 75 watts per channel and the gain for that was only 40% to achieve proper voltage on the DMM, Gain for ppi is around 40% too. Feel like this gladen amp is for pure SQ setups rather than SQL
Am I looking at the wrong specs? because isn't it supposed to do 146 x 4 @ 4 ohms? Seems a bit overrated if the JL amp is doing better in SQ. What drivers are you looking to right now?

Am I looking at the wrong specs? because isn't it supposed to do 146 x 4 @ 4 ohms? Seems a bit overrated if the JL amp is doing better in SQ. What drivers are you looking to right now?

No its the right specs, It'll get to proper voltage only at very high gain and high head unit volume (due to the 8 volts to .2 volt pentiometer vs 6 volt to .2V with the ppi) But I seriously Dont feel having everything up that high is safe for long since Its basically past clipping point. (used a piezo tweeter and it buzzed a little bit before reaching 23v on the dmm and the sound in music tests reflected it too, distortion started happening. When pushed that hard, it does get louder than the JL and almost at the ppi's level but safety wise, i'm not gonna do it because at normal levels, it was already moderately warm. However the sound is very smooth midrange and trebles, tamed some of the 6khz sharpness I had with the ppi and got more clarity. Its a different sound from the JL. I'm pretty sure thats how the manufacturer wanted their amp. These amps feel like they would do better in an all out sq build.

Just testing out some dayton audio 4" and transition from the mids to the A-pillars instead of in the kick panels. Need to expand that soundstage. I might Gut my doors and do a flush mount 8" silverflute midbass.

Or maybe just go all out and get some scan speaks for the 4"s and some ring radiators.

No its the right specs, It'll get to proper voltage only at very high gain and high head unit volume (due to the 8 volts to .2 volt pentiometer vs 6 volt to .2V with the ppi) But I seriously Dont feel having everything up that high is safe for long since Its basically past clipping point. (used a piezo tweeter and it buzzed a little bit before reaching 23v on the dmm and the sound in music tests reflected it too, distortion started happening. When pushed that hard, it does get louder than the JL and almost at the ppi's level but safety wise, i'm not gonna do it because at normal levels, it was already moderately warm. However the sound is very smooth midrange and trebles, tamed some of the 6khz sharpness I had with the ppi and got more clarity. Its a different sound from the JL. I'm pretty sure thats how the manufacturer wanted their amp. These amps feel like they would do better in an all out sq build.
Just testing out some dayton audio 4" and transition from the mids to the A-pillars instead of in the kick panels. Need to expand that soundstage. I might Gut my doors and do a flush mount 8" silverflute midbass.

Or maybe just go all out and get some scan speaks for the 4"s and some ring radiators.
Bet you can do silverflutes and scanspeakers without going all out, few competitively priced ring radiators on PA. I think you can first opt for SB acoustics stuff if you want to save a dime, I think they easily out-compete stuff priced 2-3x more. Once you get transparent drivers, it's all processing and I think you've got a good handle on it between going to shows and f*cking with all the amps. Can't wait to hear the results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.