New to this forum, Could really use some help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rbriana9800

I have an 08 Subaru Tribeca with a factory 4 inch woofer in the trunk that ONLY plays bass . I am installing a new amp and subwoofer into my car. Can I bypass the woofer and use those speaker wires to go to my new amp? Instead of needing to tap into the head unit and re wire a new speaker wire.

You should be able to use those. I would use a line out converter like the Audiocontrol LC2i with the sub wires as the input. The audiocontrol unit will take up to 400 watts on the input, so you definitely won't overpower it, and it will give your amp an extremely clean signal to work with.

I have an 08 Subaru Tribeca with a factory 4 inch woofer in the trunk that ONLY plays bass . I am installing a new amp and subwoofer into my car. Can I bypass the woofer and use those speaker wires to go to my new amp? Instead of needing to tap into the head unit and re wire a new speaker wire.
Since it has a factory subwoofer that means most likely a factory amp so the signal going into the sub will already be crossed over and I think a 4 would be crossed high ..maybe 200hz it also may be band passed since it is such a small driver like 80-200hz making trying to use those wires pretty much useless on a real sub ..if you try and use multiple crossover slopes the factory amp aftermarket amp your slopes will rise ..possibly causing cancellation ..not to mention bad frequency response over and under lapping each other ...

i did this exact thing in my 03 Maxima. I went to a junk yard and got the otherside of the molex plug from a blown factory sub to get the signal and remote turn on leads and then connected them to my amp/sub and ran power and ground. worked very well, but as CRX said, the crossover freq may not be ideal

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.