New to SQ

Participant count
  • Participant list
My good friend is into SQ, and his system is to me just as clean as it can get,one that you can just sit back and listen to for hours on end/surround effect ect,just BA.Id rather sit and listen to his system than mine(SPL type) alot of times.Alot of the MECA group run Focal subs it seems, and JL subs,and Masconi i think it is,but he found a sub that really sounds good, and can be cranked if he wants, here it is

FL12D2 ARC AUDIO 12" SUB DUAL 2-OHM FLATLINE SERIES 2000 W MAX SUBWOOFER SPEAKER | eBay

I believe he has the DVC 4ohm

Ive heard all three, but not on the same amount of power,and enclosure, but,they all sound pretty darn good.I myself have never liked JL,but they make some fantastic amps no doubt,and theyre subs/older subs have always been sought after.That Arc sounds BA in a sealed enclosure of approx 1.4-1.6 cu ft,and hits really clean on the highend German amps he is running,and sounds fantastic around 700 true rms,The JL 12 I heard on a highend Zapco at approx the same cu ft,sealed and it hit pretty good,but to me wasnt as clean as the ARC.The PSI I heard was at the TX Heat Wave car audio show, and it was ran off of a Memphis 1000 watt amp, and was in a ported enclosure of approx. 2.0 cu ft, and it sounded BA as well,all are /were 12s.I also heard the FI ssd, and those jokers bang with power,i was stunned with those.But if i had the funds, and wanted to go for a good quality sub, my choice would be a run off of the PSI, and the FI subs..Im planninig on either to replace in my truck/4-12s.I cant tell you which to choose, but all are ,and do sound pretty **** good,and reliable/well built,and should last quite a while,and made in the usa also,hand made on the FI, and PSI.JL is off of an assembly line im sure.If you are able to do an even trade for the JLs and no out of pocket,id give them a run for sure.A sub woofer is only as good as its enclosure.Build the proper box for any sub, and you will retrieve the best results,rather it be a $500 sub woofer, or a $40 sub woofer.Just be sure that if you do swapp subs that you check the coils with a dmm so you know that the subs are good, and not get a blown sub out of two.Alot of shady folks out there these days,even the ones with a big smile and easy going

I will say this as well,that Arc FlattLine sounds BA in his truck,and hits pretty clean too,.Its all about placement as well, as he has his system designed to his liking,and just sounds BA period! You can spend a pretty penny on SQ,if you want some of the best.Setting Hertz properly on each speaker,proper staging ect..it can get pretty detailed, and time consuming.Sealing off your doors,cab of outside noise ect, makes it worth your time spent.I myself would go to greater lenghts to deaden an entire vehicle unless its one i plan on keeping for a long time,or never sell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CrAiZ3

10+ year member
CrAiZ3
Pittsburgh, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from