New to site....need some answers

gasmachine85
10+ year member

First I want to say, I am not a newbie to mobile audio systems....however I am not an expert. So with that said I need some help from some one who knows more then I do.

A buddy of mine wants to purchase some subs for his 99 grand cherokee. But he knows nothing about mobile audio so I told him I'd help him out. So after asking him multiple questions to figure out exactly what he wants I sat down to find him some combos that will hit hard and keep on going for a long time to come. So what we are looking into getting, is either (2) JL Audio 13W3v3-2 subwoowers OR (1) Rockford Fosgate Power T215D4 which is a 15" subwoofer. either way we're going with a ported box. Going to be powering them with a Kenwood KAC-PS811D Mono channel Amplifier.

So first which subs would you guys go with? Second which is going to hit harder/sound better?

He wants something that is gonna hit hard and either setup is sure to do just that. I'm just looking for opinions from some people who know a little more about this then I do.

Please help!

Thanks, Cody

kenwood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

i recommend finding a sub/amp setup in the classifieds from a reputable seller here. JL is very overpriced IMO

kenwood //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i recommend finding a sub/amp setup in the classifieds from a reputable seller here. JL is very overpriced IMO
what he said... there was a thread about a kenwood deal that went sour between two people...kinda scary...also i have the same car if u need some help with it...but if u already have that amp and just needed to buy the subs...id say the 2 jl if they are the same price as that 1 RF.

Well we already had the AMP so just need the subs and a box. Can get the JL's for 199.99 apiece through Sonic and the RF for 489.99 through sonic.

Also how does cone surface play a role in all this? like, 1 on 1 the RF 15 is gonna out do the JL 13, but when you add a second that is way more cone surface your dealing with. Does this make any sence?

yes it does...more are movement...well seems like ure willing to drop 400 on a sub...which is a lot

FI

DC

SUNDOWN

AUDIOQUE

DD

IA

all good companies with subwoofers within that much...

plus better CS than u will get from sonixelectronix

the 2 12" w3v3 should be fine just get a decent amp to pwer them. i have the v2's and there 300rms but i think the v3's are 600rms. i was using a d1200 on mine and never had any problems just make sure to set your gains witha dmm and build a good box

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.