new to forum/upgrading audio

Hey guys, smidge here. Im new to the forum and new to car audio in general. Im going to be upgrading the audio in my MY02 WRX in the next couple weeks after i get everything i need, and get a few questions answered.

So far i have bought the kenwood ddx470 double din Headunit

Thinking of buying the JBL MS-62C for my front doors, as i am getting a really good price on them.(has anyone installed these in MY02 WRX)

I am not getting a sub now but i will in the near future, when i have the money for it. And also rear speakers if i feel the need.

My question is will i need some sort of amp for these speakers? And will this same amp be the one powering my rears (if i get them) and my sub as well?

What else will i need for the install?

It will work,but you'll get a lot better sound with at least a 50 Watt per channel amp.I'd use the factory rear speakers for the rear fill so you could save money for a sub.That way also,you could just use a 4 channel for the front/sub combo.Then maybe upgrade to a bigger sub amp later.

You'll need at least a 4 gauge amp kit,1/0 if your going to go bigger/louder down the road.

do you have any suggestions on an amp? i dont mind buying used and would probably be the better option for me because of my budget. im not looking for ridiculous sound. but good decent sound..

i was looking at the mb quart onyx 80.4. one is for sale here in the classifieds.

yea ,i'm here ,no cap ,i can supply everything you need ,you need a dash kit ,wiring harness , amp kit and what ever else .what kind of power do you want ? i actually just sold a system for a 08 wrx complete

now i thought i read somewhere that wire quality doesnt matter... i think i have all the wiring and whatnot i need, now i just need an amp preferably a good 2 channel for my components under 150

you make a good point. i just could of sworn i read on an audio forum, that quality doesnt matter, maybe it said why qire quality DOES matter, i tried finding it, and cannot find it now :/

i am also going to need some deadining, i was only going to add this in my doors for now(dont have a sub yet). my friend told me the stuff weighs quite a bit. im trying to keep weight down on my vehicle. what do you suggest? and how much will i need? i have an 02 wrx btw

also looking for a new under-hood battery as i need to replace mine anyway. Was looking at the s1200 by xspower. But i have heard they swell. will this battery be good for my needs? or should i go with a kinetik or optima? Also i do listen to my stereo and leave it running while the car is off for periods of time often, about 30 mins at most

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.