New to CarAudio

well i dont mind buying some good used subs and amp so.
those subs here though, are quite nice

ZRS12-1000-2 - Cadence - 12" 2000W SVC 2 Ohm ZRS Series Subwoofer

id say theyd fit pretty well in the midgate box
You most likely won't be able to use two of those on stock electrical, man. High output alternators and batteries are expensive as hell too. If you'd like to do one of those Cadence subs, that'd be fine. By the way, the sub is cheaper here: Subwoofers - 12" Subwoofers - Cadence ZRS12-1000-2 12" 2000W 2-Ohm Subwoofer - Car Audio Craze

You also need to know that there's more to car audio than massive subwoofers. If you throw a big ass sub into your vehicle and don't upgrade your door speakers, it'll sound like crap. Put some serious thought into 6.5" 2-way components and a solid 2 channel amplifier, because you'll need them if you have 1,000 watts of bass.

Look at the following stuff, man.

components - CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System $190

2 channel amp - MB Quart Car Audio DSC2150 "Discus Series" 2-Channel Car Amplifier 600 Watts RMS $100

sub - Subwoofers - 12" Subwoofers - Cadence ZRS12-1000-2 12" 2000W 2-Ohm Subwoofer - Car Audio Craze $240

mono amp - MB Quart DSC1500.1 Amp: Mono - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com $230

sound deadener - Second Skin Damplifier - CLD Sound Deadening Vibration Mat (40 square ft) $105

battery - Kinetik HC 2000 2250 amps, High Current Car Audio Power Cell $248

After s&h, that should be $1,250 or less. Even then you'll have to stretch your budget to accomodate wiring, a cd player and the cost of a subwoofer enclosure...

why do i need both of those amps?
One of the amps is a 2 channel that does 150 watts rms x2. It's for the Image Dynamics component speakers. The other amplifier is a larger monoblock that does 1,500 watts rms x1. It's for the Cadence subwoofer.

and that skin stuff?
It's sound deadener, man. It's used for various reasons. If you want to learn about it just do a quick google search. Almost everyone uses one form of sound deadener or another when they install a sound system. If you don't believe me, take a look at some threads in the builds section.

im wanting to install 2 of those candence subswoofers, so would i need a bigger amp with more W.ill raise my budget to $2000 if that helps any.
If you want to run two of those Cadence subwoofers, you're going to need significant electrical upgrades (a second battery will become necessary and a high output alternator might not be out of the question). You'll also need a strong front stage & a monoblock amplifier that does AT LEAST 2,000 watts rms @ 1 ohm. The amp will NOT be cheap and the wiring will get expensive as well.

If you buy exactly what I showed you in this thread, you'll have a pretty impressive sound system. Basically, even @ $2,000 I don't think you'll have the budget to do what you're thinking. You absolutely must have a proper front stage and that's going to cost some money. If you just buy 2 big ass subwoofers and a monoblock amplifier, all you're going to hear is bass. You do like hearing the vocals in your music, don't you?

I don't know if I'd trust that alternator, man.

Someone new to the hobby doesn't need a system of this magnitude. Seriously, bro. The guy isn't familiar with 2 channel amplifiers and has never heard of sound deadener until earlier tonight.

misfit gave you good advice. hold off on the second sub for now - you'll gain an appreciation for music once you reproduce it correctly.

speaker and sub performance is all about installation. the enclosure for the sub, and it's orientation in the vehicle have the largest impact on performance. try to locate the sub in the rear corner of the trunk - facing in or up. speakers need to be well installed in the front doors - the Image Dynamics are deep, you'll need to make baffles to gain extra depth - not a huge issue - there are lots of build logs with baffles. we can link some if you need.

you're gonna need a solid enclosure for the sub - something made out of 3/4" MDF. You also need to decide on an enclosure volume (cu. ft.) and type

(sealed/ported).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Avalanche V8

10+ year member
Avalanche V8
Dallas/Ft.Worth
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from