New to CarAudio

Avalanche V8
10+ year member

:)I'm wanting to put a system in my 2005 avalanche.

I want to get rid of the midgate and put a box there instead.

Im relatively new to all this and I am in need of help.

I dont mind having a big box where the midgate door is, and would like advice on what kind of subs i should put it and amp.

Also, if anyone could build me a box much like this one:

02-2009 Chevy Avalanche or Cadillac Ext.Poly Slot Ported Sub Box - Car

Thank you for the help and advice.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i will be in fort worth in like 2 weekends! i think i am flying though so i could not bring a box but we need a budget and what size ofbox youre looking to have

i am pretty new to all this so. something like the one on that website. nice to have loud bass. im thinking of 2 15"s but im thinking i cud get nice 12s that are better for same price or close to

Do a google search for Pound That Sound, Argent Audio & SPY. You'll get a high quality enclosure from any of those guys. There are some high quality designers/builders on the forum too. Just take a look through the build threads and contact the guys with work that impresses you.

You should look at the following links to check out some nice subs.

Digital Designs Speakers Made in the USA - Car, Home, and Personal Audio | ddaudio.com

DC Audio - Home

http://www.ficaraudio.com

http://www.incriminatoraudio.com

Sound Solutions Audio SSA Subwoofers

Audioque

Woofersetc.com the online car audio super store, the largest selection at the lowest prices!

And for amps, take a look at Sundown, Incriminator Audio, Zed, Crescendo, Arc Audio, Zapco, US Amps, etc. There are dozens of solid companies out there.

Are you familiar with the concept of electrical upgrades and stuff like that? I ask because some people don't make room within their budget for this type of thing.

So, is your $1,400 budget for subs & amp, or is that the total amount of cash you have alloted for car audio?

1,400 for pretty much all of it. might be able to wipe up a little more but not for sure.and no im sorry im not familiar... my knowledge in this is pretty limited.
$1,400 isn't a hell of a lot of money to work with, bro. It would be in your best interest to do the following.

- a pair of decent 2-way components in your front doors, powered by a 2 channel amplifier (something around 100 - 125 watts rms x2

- a single 12" or 15" subwoofer on 1,000 watts rms or so (or a pair of subs that require the same amount of power)

That should allow you to avoid any significant electrical upgrades. It should be doable with a $1,400 budget too.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Avalanche V8

10+ year member
Avalanche V8
Dallas/Ft.Worth
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from