New to Audio, Need Some Help on HU...

McCurry2k8
10+ year member

Ok I am building me a clean little turboed tuner car. I can build a car from ground up but I know nothing about audio in a car. I am looking for a good Headunit for my car, would love for the face to be clean and black with all red buttons. I know alpine is a good company for headunits but I dont know what is good for a headunit to have and what is not. Price aint much of an option since I love my music. Thanks

It depends on what medias you listen to you music. Im pretty sure you would like an Ipod able deck, but what kind of features are you looking at using?

I would love to be able to hook my ipod up to it and save me from making 5 million cds. Other than that I dont know what other features come on a HU, I really never have messed around with audio in a car cause it just confuses me everytime I try.

I'm guessing you don't know how to toy with 7-band equalizers, right?

My Pioneer DEH P6900UB has USB input, 7-Band EQ, sub controls, 2 aux in, and detachable face. However, it's silver and blue lights.

As far as the color thing, it's gunna be hard to find a decent HU that's both black and red...

I mean, I think Sony Xplod HU is Red and black... but NEVER buy anything Sony. They're extremely poor quality.

Go to http://www.woofersetc.com http://www.ikesound.com or http://www.crutchfield.com and look at their selection of HU's, see what HUs you like cosmetically and we'll be happy to tell you if they're worth the $$$.

I don't think you should make your final decision based on looks though. You will ending up listening to your music more, not staring at the HU anyways.

ok i am very picky sorry but it has to be red buttons. i am not staring at it all the time but it will bother me more than anything if it doesnt match the rest of my interior. the cda-9885 is nice i seen it at work the other day in a thunderbird lol. but i didnt know it u could change the blue buttons to red. is it a good quality and not extremely expensive HU, the 9885?

its all about personal prefrences, I for one am never going alpine again, and as far as i'm concerned their last half decent deck was 9835. i'd reccomend going JVC or panasonic, they have that all rounder sound. panasonics are a bit shy on bass though.

the highs, no matter what tweet i used, from pioneer, to phase evolution, dls, whatever its so f***ing annoying. i tried killing it on the Xover, EQ, different slopes, no matter what i did it always emphasises aggressive higs. but thats just me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.