new tires

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dozy_production
10+ year member

Poel
so the my tires ( non name brand) have finally almost not quite but are very near to their death. I have a 95 civic and with that being said, out of nowhere one of my co workers just called me up and said ill be selling all my tires do you want them. He said that they are 14" toyo tires and were installed brand new a week ago. He also said that they have "special" honda civic rims to them that look nice. i ( he said the tires alone go for 100 dollars a piece) ill post pictures but any input on how toyo tires are? 4 tires and 4 rims.??? m geting pics in the in a couple of days but i need to know what kind of offers i should throw at him.

My experience is that Toyo makes a good tire, but to achieve the rediculously high treadware ratings they are very loud, and lacking in wet-weather traction. That's my experience as a Honda Master Technician here in Oregon.

Toyo is a good tire if you get there higher end version. I had some cheaper toyo's a few years ago and slid everywhere when it would rain. I like the tires I have on mine now. Bridgestone Potenzza g009's. Things are off the chain.

thanks. Well he said they cost 100 dollars each. i dont know if thats high end or not. im going talk to him today for model and need to take a look at em. thanks for the responses.

thanks man. i dont have a clue on tires but, i need something that has long life, has traction in the weather and well they can be moderatley noisy. any you guys know of a tire or brand that makes tires with that quality in the 50-60 range?

thanks man. i dont have a clue on tires but, i need something that has long life, has traction in the weather and well they can be moderatley noisy. any you guys know of a tire or brand that makes tires with that quality in the 50-60 range?

You wont find many 'quality' tires for that price, if you want those prices then just get them from Wal Mart, seriously.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dozy_production

10+ year member
Poel
Dozy_production
San Diego, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date